Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
The Twitter Feeds Of Goldfrapp
  • 56 Comments sorted by
  • I don't really know where to put this, so

And from Fascinations Twitter - https://twitter.com/welovepop

In Berlin for promo. Wonder what SJP would say about this...

The picture is irrelevant but promo in Berlin, wonder if we'll be seeing anything?
    Post edited by rewak at 2013-06-30 20:43:35
  • Cheers for the updates - added/removed in the initial post!
    A million fires before your harvest comes. To burn out.
    Wear the mask of a heathen. For the moon's lonely eyes.
  • Read an interview with Charlie this morning , it mentions that on his solo album that Alison is down for "whistling duties" . I suspect the link at the bottom of the interview is another Charlie Jones haha. Probably not my cup of tea as the word "jazz" is mentioned more than once .

"The choice of musicians he has assembled says much about the care with which Charlie approached the making of this remarkable album. They include leading harpist Ruth Wall, Portishead and Massive Attack collaborator Johnny Baggot on piano, Alison Goldfrapp on whistling duties and no fewer than four top-tier percussionists in Rob Brian, Chris Hughes, Clive Deamer and Tony Orrell."
    Post edited by Sartori at 2013-07-11 06:23:48
    "Read my posts and see why we`re not allowed nice things anymore"
    photo 5a6eb769-bc12-4596-bbe8-709fc2bb0d5e.jpg
    "Brought to you straight from the People`s Republic of There`s Something Wrong With You . The Hoi Polloi Capital of the World"
  • I posted this back on the old forum, there's a sample song on his website

http://charliejones.net/

Artist: Charlie Jones
    Title: Love Form
    Label: Stranger Records
    Release Date: 12 August 2013
    Formats: Vinyl / Digital & CD
    Cat Number: STRCD016

Tracklist:
    1. The Messenger
    2. Big Hair
    3. Love Form
    4. Dove Magic
    5. Phthonos
    6. Silver
    7. Death Hand
    8. Reconstruction
    Post edited by rewak at 2013-07-11 06:25:54
  • rewak said:

I posted this back on the old forum, there's a sample song on his website

I lasted 2 notes .
    "Brought to you straight from the People`s Republic of There`s Something Wrong With You . The Hoi Polloi Capital of the World"
  • It's quite um...experimental yes, not exactly the kind of thing you'd bop along to on the radio.
  • its not what i expected from him at all, i imagined him to be quite ... er... rocky.
  • Well, Alison has said a lot since this has last been updated.  Quite a bit about Drew, today.  But, I expecially liked her last one.  She is just so crazy sweet!

"I can't tell you how much I appreciate your wonderful messages. It means a lot to me. Thank you xx".

• Sounds like y'all are safe...Drink all the tea you like!

"Ok laddie at the venue is mistaken! You can wee all you like when you get here, there are loads of loos!"

One ot the things that really threw me in England was walking into a public WC and having some lady in there cleaning the toilets.  Unheard of in the U.S.  I kinda rather the English way 'cause it makes it inaccessible while cleaning in the U.S.  That can make for a desparate situation.  And, no, Sartori, no need for those napkins.
    Post edited by Whickwithy at 2013-07-16 12:14:36
  • I personally prefer the Dutch urinals where you literally have an open urinal in the street with the sides shielded (obviously not suitable for number 2's).....then off to a coffee shop ahem
  • You probably mean the Amsterdam urinals..... ;)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    "I think it is our job to dream"
  • Oh, that's right.  I should have said, "drink all the tea or coffee you want"...errr, or beer...
  • Dreeke said:

You probably mean the Amsterdam urinals..... ;)

I saw them in Eindhoven town and at Extrema (in Eindhoven Festival) or they`re called "Amsterdam Urinals" ? great idea but not for people that have "thinking people-are-staring-at-their-willy" anxiety issues .

I`m not a massive pre-gig drinker , don`t like the feeling of "I need a wee" mid gig .
  • Sartori said:

Dreeke said:

I`m not a massive pre-gig drinker , don`t like the feeling of "I need a wee" mid gig .

same here, it ruins the gig either cause you have to go and have one or cause you can't concentrate on anything other than your bladder

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!