Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
The writings on the wall
  • OK, dumb question... but: how do you view your own wall? It is called a "wall" on here, I think?

When you look at someone else's profile, you can see messages that have been posted to them (not the same as Inbox messages, which are private).

If I'm logged-out and look at my own profile... I can see them. But where do I look when logged in?

• 17 Comments sorted by
  • You're not talking about where it says "Halloween_Jack" at the top of the discussion (thread list) page?
  • Well, if I click on my user name .. nestling inbetween 'Inbox' and 'Mark All Viewed' on the main menu, I get the submenus: notifications, activity, discussions, & comments. But I cannot see, for example, the message you sent me back in June... anywhere.

I can see it if I view my profile when I'm logged-out.

• Hmmm, can't help you there as I've never received a message on my wall.  Just PMs.
  • Well, I have (I think) just posted you a message (ie on your "wall"). That's the other problem... the person gets no notification. I think the answer to my original question is that they just appear amongst the huge list of "Activity"??
  • You're right, it doesn't show up unless I am not logged in.  Seriously goofed up!  If you don't mind sending another, I'll check it, again.  I changed my settings to notify me by pop-up.  Oh, by the way, in preferences, you are able to choose pop-up or email notification for a pile of things, including wall messages.  Of course, it may not work, either!
  • I sent you another wall post. I thought, though, that they would maybe show up (under activity) when you're logged-in. But that the older ones were waaaaaaaaaay down the list? I dunno...
  • Nope.  Still didn't show up and I don't see any "pop-up", either.  I think something's busted.  The activity page is defintely not the right place though, like you said, it would be buried in there somewhere along with my picture changes, etc, that also don't show up on my wall.
  • i think something is busted somewhere too cause i can't start a new discussion anymore lets me put in a title but that's it can't write in the middle bit ? strange.....
    Just Keep Things Simple.....
    Love Goldfrapp.....
  • OK, dumb question... but: how do you view your own wall? It is called a "wall" on here, I think?

When you look at someone else's profile, you can see messages that have been posted to them (not the same as Inbox messages, which are private).

If I'm logged-out and look at my own profile... I can see them. But where do I look when logged in?

I'd not thought about that - maybe you're just not meant to write on your own wall and instead they think that if you want to share something you'd have a thread to post it in, but if you want to comment directly to somebody publicly rather than privately then the Wall idea steps in?

An odd combination of features - like little bits of Twitter, Facebook and others pulled together and wrapped around a message board.

I'm sure we're missing something! :))
    A million fires before your harvest comes. To burn out.
    Wear the mask of a heathen. For the moon's lonely eyes.
  • ^ Yes, it looks like something's maybe not setup quite right. I've just posted on yours, Carpy.

Have a gander... if you can find it?

It's quite funny looking at other people's profiles/wall... cos there'll often be little messages that a) the receiver doesn't know exist! and b) sometimes the sender thinks they've sent a private message.. I've seen this at least twice (and warned them, obviously!)

• I can see your post in my Activity stream to say that you've commented on my wall but I'm not sure it that is a message about your post or whether I still can't see the actual post at all?

I don't have email notification set to on for posts on my Wall but I should have got a pop-up to let me know one was there - that option is still set for my account. Maybe it cleared when I went there before I had chance to see it?

I'm confused now, though I think I'm in good company on that front! :D
    A million fires before your harvest comes. To burn out.
    Wear the mask of a heathen. For the moon's lonely eyes.
  • Haha.. how bizarre. If you log-off and then look at yourself, you should see my message... it's pretty obvious... I mention the date and ask you 2 questions in it. :)
  • Yeah, that feature is busted.  No doubt.  It should surely show up when you go to your own wall.  And, I tested the pop-up yesterday and am pretty sure that doesn't work, either.  The whole preferences, notices, et al, could use a serious overhaul but, at least, getting the wall messages to show up on your own wall is really needed.  Also, I would get rid of the messages on the wall that a PM has showed up since it could bury any wall messages.  The little number that shows up on the inbox should be good enough.
  • This thread well the title at least makes me think of this song

It's a re-creation
    Again I live another life
    My imagination
    Can't cross the borderline
  • Good 1 B_M... :D
    Just Keep Things Simple.....
    Love Goldfrapp.....

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!