Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
  •  
    Post edited by Whickwithy at 2018-04-08 09:07:25
  • 27 Comments sorted by
  • I totally agree and said something similar in another thread however there was a theory that Goldfrapp may have turned down the James Bond gig when they restyled it with Daniel Craig.
    Though we may deserve it, it will be worth it.
  •  
    Post edited by Whickwithy at 2018-04-08 09:07:06
  • Eva Green.  I SAW HER FIRST!  :))
    Post edited by mode_devotion at 2013-08-03 18:54:24
  • You probably won't want to watch a film called "The Dreamers".  Set during the 1968 Paris riots it follows the story of of three young cinephiles.  Did I mention that Eva Green is pretty much nude throughout?  ;)
  •  

Post edited by Whickwithy at 2018-04-08 09:06:57
  • ;))
  •  
    Post edited by Whickwithy at 2018-04-08 09:06:44
  • They said they'd love to do it, but Alison said she wasn't sure they'd let them do what they wanted with it. I think around Supernature era.....
  • I totally agree and said something similar in another thread however there was a theory that Goldfrapp may have turned down the James Bond gig when they restyled it with Daniel Craig.

Goldfrapp didn't turn it down, the Bond producers turned Goldfrapp down cause they wanted to go 'butcher'. I saw an interview with Will about it, so it's not a theory. They got as far as chatting with Dave Arnold about it but that was it.
    I think I said it before but I'm not fussed about them doing a bond theme, I can't imagine it allows for much creativity. I'd like them to do more soundtrack stuff, but things that allow them to stretch their wings a bit :)
  • ping said:

I think I said it before but I'm not fussed about them doing a bond theme, I can't imagine it allows for much creativity. I'd like them to do more soundtrack stuff, but things that allow them to stretch their wings a bit :)

Exactly. The Bond franchise is all about making Big Money. The backers would be dictating terms- 'dont make it too gloomy, put some of those big string things at the end, make sure we can issue it as a US radio-friendly single...blah blah blah..." Who needs that?
  •  
    Post edited by Whickwithy at 2018-04-08 09:06:31
  • God, I'd be kinda surprised if the tune was hamstrung quite so much as that but, then, as I always say, I am quite naive.  It's just cool to me that they've already done a couple of tunes that are soooo Bond.  So, maybe I'll just have to be satisfied with that.

Most of the other soundtrack stuff I hear is just existing tunes stuck into movies.  Where's the fun in that?

well, i think Bond has a theme. and they stick with it. i'm not necessarily saying there's anything wrong with that, a Bond tune has to serve a very specific purpose so it's understandable. if you listen to the Bond back catalogue its pretty obvious they know what they like and what works for them. again i'm not saying there's anything wrong with that per se (there are some great bond tunes) but it would mean that there are ...er... guidelines(?) that would need to be followed.
    with regards to other soundtracks Goldfrapp have only really been involved in creating one - Nowhere Boy. the other films like my summer of love they allowed their music to be licensed to it, and a bit of re-mixing. i'm thinking more of an OST created for a specific project. 
    seriously if you think soundtracks are just existing tunes stuck in and are no fun you're listening to the wrong ones! soundtracks can be amazing and beautiful and so creative. they're a major part of any film and can make and break scenes. when the good, the bad and the ugly was filmed the music was created before any filming was done, when this scene was shot Sergio Leone played the music to the actors cause he felt it was so vital in creating the right atmosphere and the music was the best way he had to convey that. also there is the potential for musicians to be really creative an off the wall with soundtracks, you can hear some amazing stuff (tv too!). anyhow i have the urge to listen to Morricone now... 
    :x
  •  
    Post edited by Whickwithy at 2018-04-08 09:06:22
  • Sartorius is my favourite (would be) Bond Tune....

Armed with the kisses and money in their hands
    Those girls on their heels sound like horses to me
    Army is waiting to conquer the sundown
    Blazes, the rain and the sun is at war
    You open up the spiderweb and die
    You're waking me this urgency you hide

Wind is a cycle that blows through the ocean
    Blowing the rag, giving birth to your dreams
    Waiting but it's holding me down to this star
    You were always the one to adore
    You open up this spiderweb and die
    You twist his words there's no sense to his verbs

It's been raining for years

You're waking me this urgency you hide
    You're everytime I wake you see me hide
    Just don't trick me
    Just don't trick me
    Just don't stop here

Post edited by mode_devotion at 2013-08-04 17:37:19
  • Just Keep Things Simple.....
    Love Goldfrapp.....

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!