• 26 Comments sorted by
  • Cheers for that. Listening...
  • now
    It's a re-creation
    Again I live another life
    My imagination
    Can't cross the borderline
  • They've been very critical so far...
  • yeah great a teenager who thinks they know it all, critical of Goldfrapp yet have no identity of their own, scroll down their blog and you will see what I mean http://mistymillermusic.tumblr.com/ at least Mark Thomas likes it ;)

It's a re-creation
    My imagination
  • Yeah, there are some critical people on twitter too. I'll just do what I usually do when I read opinions I disagree with.
    Ignore it, tell myself I know better, and move on. 
    Surely that can't have any repercussions later in life? :P

• Hey, don't take round table seriously folks. Musicians are crap music critics (I back this up with the ones that have been my friends in real life). They are always underwhelmed by play tracks on roundtable (especially anything in the slightest bit mainstream). It's usually only the the DJs that get excited. Always been that way. :-)
  • fuck you other responsibilities getting in the way of radio listening.
  • thathurt said:

fuck you other responsibilities getting in the way of radio listening.

You are so subtle, TH, that it..............................................hurts.

And, as for critics,                                                                                                       

That's in case there are any minors in attendence.
    Post edited by Whickwithy at 2013-08-01 16:07:07
  • thathurt said:

fuck you other responsibilities getting in the way of radio listening.

thanks, not taken personally tho' la'.  Listen again here - http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b037k264 Drew starts at about 32.25.  The pathetic review followed on afterwards...
  • I don't think I'll bother listening. Perhaps someone can tell us the records those on the panel really liked so we can snort in derision :)
  • I was delighted to discover that "Fat White Family" are not all that good after all.  The reviewer had no right to be as critical about Drew if she is comparing Goldfrapp to them.  :-@

However, I do think that Drew suffers from the Radio Edit and so its not like we're putting out a full team.
    Post edited by mode_devotion at 2013-08-01 18:03:14
    Though we may deserve it, it will be worth it.
  • I'm not really bothered to be honest, Mark Thomas liked it and he's quite cool. Misty Miller is an adolescent Patti Smith wannabe (long f***in way to go there before they will even come close) with pics of Sid and Nancy all over her blog (dead for 35 years, get your head out of a mythical past) and the guy from Rough Trade just came over as nasty and arrogant with his comments, no loss.
    It's a re-creation
    My imagination
  • Mark Thomas is my favourite comedian of all time , ever , seen him live since the middish 90s - if anyone has seen (or heard as it was on Radio 4) his Bravo Figaro tour , knows just how good comedy can be . 
    "Read my posts and see why we`re not allowed nice things anymore"
    photo 5a6eb769-bc12-4596-bbe8-709fc2bb0d5e.jpg
    "Brought to you straight from the People`s Republic of There`s Something Wrong With You . The Hoi Polloi Capital of the World"
  • I more like Mark Thomas for his activism, yes he is a funny bloke, but I like the way he has confronted certain issues over the years, and I am glad that he doesn't mind Goldfrapp, it would be nice to think after a hard days activism he comes home and sticks some Goldfrapp on ;)
    It's a re-creation
    My imagination
  • I`d post bits and bobs but they`re better off in the stand up section . His making people pay over a million pounds in inheritance tax made him a hero of mine forever . His work and activism in Turkey , Israel , India etc etc etc should make him a hero for all .
    "Read my posts and see why we`re not allowed nice things anymore"
    photo 5a6eb769-bc12-4596-bbe8-709fc2bb0d5e.jpg
    "Brought to you straight from the People`s Republic of There`s Something Wrong With You . The Hoi Polloi Capital of the World"

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!