Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
  • because there's more to stand up than jokes

This got lost amongst the Alan thread the other day......

Post edited by LuDux at 2013-07-31 17:16:44
    I take the needle off the Technics and put it in my vein
  • 27 Comments sorted by
  • The greatest stand up alive today!!! Genius.

• Can we have a Stewart Lee thread? Pleeeeeease?!  ;;)
    Though we may deserve it, it will be worth it.
  • I couldn't resist...

• ^ I loved the emigrants sketch (they took it down off youtube). Really sums up his take on the world and his approach to stand up   ...and why I love his humour.

Slightly off topic you should check out the Richard Herring Liecester Square podcasts. He has had some great guest (including Stewart Lee).
  • I love Richard Herring, saw him Live recently at Bristol Comedy Garden (Chelteham Town Hall and Bath Comedy Cavern (Moles) before that).  "You really need to get some purchase!"   :))
  • Let's not concentrate on Stewart Lee, there are other stand up comedians

Post edited by LuDux at 2013-07-31 17:24:32
  • LuDux said:

Let's not concentrate on Stewart Lee, there are other stand up comedians

=))
  • thathurt said:

He is good tho.

Well he has had lots of free publicity from the Frapp board.  I'm really looking forward to the October stand up gig now!  :)
  • thathurt said:

He is good tho.

Well he has had lots of free publicity from the Frapp board.  I'm really looking forward to the October stand up gig now!  :)

Make sure to bring your friends
  • Stewart lees playing where i live. Shitting theatres too dear.

Oh mark thomas is playing kettering. He doesnt bother with main towns :-<
    Post edited by thathurt at 2013-08-02 16:42:00
  •  Ive been into a lot of comedy over the years , Richard Pryor is probably when it all kicked off a bit for me , with Billy Connolly thrown in for good measure , bumbling along and picking up Bill Hicks along for the ride . So you get the gist , rude , sharp , surreal , satirical , dark  and observational comedy with lines that tickle and smart after the event . 
    Live wise , I`ve seen Ben Elton (who was shit and it was like he was reading off the back of a cornflakes packet) , Julian Clary (who is the author of a line I sometimes use "everyone claps at my entrance") who was very funny , Mark Thomas umpteen times and my hero :) , Bill Bailey (pre arena days) , Eddy Izzard - closest to a Tena man moment ever , Dara O`Brain , Dylan Moran , Ardal O`Hanlon (a bit boring) , David Baddiel on his "Too Much Information" tour that almost gave me a bloody heart attack , Sean Hughes etc etc etc 

I like laughing me .

Mark Thomas `95 Standup , with parts of set I saw him do in Cardiff Uni with about 30people that he played like a full stadium . Hasn`t got "Filth" in the title for nothing .

Current 

Post edited by Sartori at 2013-08-02 18:20:10
    "Read my posts and see why we`re not allowed nice things anymore"
    photo 5a6eb769-bc12-4596-bbe8-709fc2bb0d5e.jpg
    "Brought to you straight from the People`s Republic of There`s Something Wrong With You . The Hoi Polloi Capital of the World"
  • thathurt said:

Yay mark thomas is affordable.

FTW
    "Read my posts and see why we`re not allowed nice things anymore"
    photo 5a6eb769-bc12-4596-bbe8-709fc2bb0d5e.jpg
    "Brought to you straight from the People`s Republic of There`s Something Wrong With You . The Hoi Polloi Capital of the World"

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!