Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
What`s the last film you watched ?
  • 1165 Comments sorted by
  • The Martian

Clever sciency stuff with a few laughs and disco music. overall quite dull.

why on earth it's won a golden globe for best picture in a musical/comedy really puzzles me... there were certainly some humorous moments in the film. but it certainly wasn't the main element throughout the film. just very odd indeed.
  • Neil deGrasse Tyson would disagree about the 'clever sciency stuff.' Actually, he's been quite vocal, though goodhearted, about it.

Someone decided it (as well as Damon) should win an award; or else someone was paid in cash, favors, or sex. As it stood no chance among some of the other dramas, they slipped it into a weakly represented category. Voilà, it's a best picture winner.
    Post edited by iuventus at 2016-01-11 13:28:06
    If I were dead, could I do this?
  • Looking forward to this

• whisperit said:

Looking forward to this

I'm not buying it at the mo. didn't impress me much, which disappointed me because i'm really looking forward to it. hopefully the film will turn out to be brilliant! :)
  • I caught half of a documentary on HBO and it really affected me. It's Laurie Anderson's " Heart of a Dog". I believe she lost her beloved dog, her mother and her husband (Lou Reed) all within the same year. It's heavy and truthful and beautiful all at once-

I'm just discovering her music..deep
    U R I E L
    What is done in the dark will always come to light
  • Loved Laurie Anderson in the 80s. I've been meaning to watch her movie. Meanwhile, this is what I have been watching.

If I were dead, could I do this?

• Gorgeous movie, highly recommend especially if you like something a bit different. I could imagine Carpy getting excited about this, where's everyone gone?
  • Young Frankenstein- I'm sorry, Fronkensteen.

• Weeds.  Not exactly a movie...
  • https://youtu.be/jp5Mui-9YsQ

Stranger By The Lake

I remember picking up in this when it was suggested as being the inspiration for Stranger, but i can't remember if that was confirmed or speculation. Either was it's pretty similar to the story of that song, great movie! I've posted the least explicit trailer, there's a more explicit one on YouTube if you care to look further.
    Post edited by rewak at 2016-09-21 20:59:39

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!