What`s the last film you watched ?
  • 1165 Comments sorted by
  • Sartori said:

Saw Jupiter Ascending this afternoon , very good , ticks all the boxes

Mila Kunis is good/foxy looking TICK
    Elf as male interest TICK
    Spaceships TICK
    Hold onto your pants scenes TICK

I`m sure there are metaphors and hidden meanings but I couldn`t honestly give a fuck .

Oh that's good then. i've heard a lot about it, and heard a lot of people slating it. but it can't be that bad really. a lot of people slated John Carter of Mars, i watched it and i really liked it! :)

They reuse the bigger world hidden from the world story (from the Matrix) , but hey Clive Barker uses that all the time and I love his stuff .

The action is fast , very fast , eg when they're flying the ships around New York or wherever it is (don't anyone bother to correct that as it's an immaterial point) you lose track of who's who - but rather like the Matrix , getting lost in the spectacle of it all is key . It's beautiful to behold .
    "Read my posts and see why we`re not allowed nice things anymore"
    photo 5a6eb769-bc12-4596-bbe8-709fc2bb0d5e.jpg
    "Brought to you straight from the People`s Republic of There`s Something Wrong With You . The Hoi Polloi Capital of the World"
  • I'd totally be into that film if they had cast it differently.
    If I were dead, could I do this?
  • I went to see "Wild".
    Very well done and with an interesting way to tell the story. I like when you see little bits of it through the movie and then you get the whole idea at the end. It makes me want to see it again to analyse it better.
    Plus, it's always a pleasure seeing Reese Witherspoon.

• finally got to see Interstellar last night.

um. yeah. i can't really make up my mind whether i liked it or not. its certainly left me thinking about a lot of stuff. 

i found it very much like 2001. very much so. as extreme as it was in terms of space travel, it didn't seem to be filled to the brim with CGI as much as Gravity was. so it seemed a lot less about the spectacle and a lot more about the characters.

i dunno. im still mulling about this one.
  • Loved Interstellar, the docking scene in the latter part of the film was one of the most arse biting the edge of my seat , tears and tension moments I've ever seen .
    "Brought to you straight from the People`s Republic of There`s Something Wrong With You . The Hoi Polloi Capital of the World"
  • Sartori said:

Loved Interstellar, the docking scene in the latter part of the film was one of the most arse biting the edge of my seat , tears and tension moments I've ever seen .

heh, yeah. that and the BIG wave bit was a "shiiiiiiiiitttt!!!" moment for me. lol.

Music. that too was hands down flawless.
  • Sartori said:

Loved Interstellar, the docking scene in the latter part of the film was one of the most arse biting the edge of my seat , tears and tension moments I've ever seen .

heh, yeah. that and the BIG wave bit was a "shiiiiiiiiitttt!!!" moment for me. lol.

Music. that too was hands down flawless.

The music , yeah , had many tears-in-my-eyes moments from the sweep of the tension and the music  *Interstellar Love*
  • Saw the Duke Of Burgundy a couple days ago and it was everything I hoped it be and a little more. See it if you get a chance.
    LOVE tasted CRITICAL
  • ^ Man, I've been wanting to see it! It's not playing here though- 8-| ...per usual. I mean for such a big city, it should be showing here..dammit. Must be very limited release-
    U R I E L
    What is done in the dark will always come to light
  • Netflix if need be but get it. I think you'd like it, the soundtrack is fantastic is really lovely as well.
    LOVE tasted CRITICAL
  • John Dies At The End

Fun weird shennanigans :)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    "I think it is our job to dream"
  • Ok, I'm going to admit it- a friend dragged me to a couple of movies I would've never seen on my own. One was 'Pitch Perfect 2' and the other was 'Hot Pursuit'. I know what you're thinking..what the hell. Long story short, not the most intellectual of choices..but, hmmm..I guess 'stupidly cute' would suffice. I was surprised and delighted that both had strong lesbian undertones..although I feel certain scenes could have gone much farther.

Oh, however, I did also watch 'Far from the Madding Crowd'...I lurved it, I mean it's Thomas Hardy and all. Such a great story! Give me a great romance any day!
    U R I E L
    What is done in the dark will always come to light
  • Unexpectedly sentimental and tender.

If I were dead, could I do this?
  • Reminds me a bit of home. Mrs T's latest project she is musing involves 100 mole skulls, which even I think is excessive ! I do know a mole catcher though.......
    The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ.
    Moves on: nor all thy Piety nor Wit.
    Shall lure it back to cancal half a line,
    Nor all thy Tears wash out a Word of it.
  • The Look of Love, which is a surprisingly entertaining film about the life and times of Paul Raymond, Soho gentlemen's entertainment baron. Not a huge fan of Steve Coogan, but he pulls off the role admirably. A great insight to 1950's and swinging 60's London.
    Raymond started off with 10 Bob and finished his life with a fortune worth £650 million. Before anyone starts on the exploitation of women angle, his business is now run by his two Grand-Daughters; his daughter who was being groomed to take over dying in 1992.
    Post edited by Urban_Tribesman at 2015-06-21 16:29:23
    The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ.
    Moves on: nor all thy Piety nor Wit.
    Shall lure it back to cancal half a line,
    Nor all thy Tears wash out a Word of it.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!