Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
What`s the last film you watched ?
  • 1165 Comments sorted by
  • Just watched Carry on Screaming and have not laughed as much for ages.  One of the best in the canon.  Harry H Corbett was a classically trained actor who just had a genius for comedy; much to his chagrin !
    Just brilliant.

Do you mind if I smoke?
    The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ.
    Moves on: nor all thy Piety nor Wit.
    Shall lure it back to cancal half a line,
    Nor all thy Tears wash out a Word of it.
  • So was dear ole Kenny too. I read of his deep unhappiness at being underrated and that he felt the Carry On films had damaged his career somehow..very sad considering how much he was / is loved in those CO roles. Maybe we need a new thread for this, but I wonder if anyone else would share their fave 5 Carry On actors / actresses. Here re mine- 1 Ken Williams
    2. Joan Sims
    3. Charles Hawtrey
    4. Hattie Jaques
    5. Patsy Rowlands
  • Saw Gone Girl knowing nothing at all about it. Loved every minute of being played like Fincher's puppet.

Another gorgeous smoke-like soundtrack from Reznor/Ross too.

A million fires before your harvest comes. To burn out.
    Wear the mask of a heathen. For the moon's lonely eyes.
  • Frozen. Enjoyable high brow film with cutesy snowman :-B
  • Hedwig and the Angry Inch

I watched the stage show with Neil Patrick Harris first, they both stand up pretty strong but i kinda preferred NPH's performance.
  • KatRobin said:

Sigh...you all see such arty films... There's nowhere in a thirty to fifty mile radius of here that would show anything in that vein. I feel exempt from this thread, oh dear. :(

I lived in Shropshire for the first 30 years of my life and I therefore feel your pain. We had to go 20 miles to Stoke or 20 miles to Shrewsbury and even then it was for the big retail park multiplex style things. That was great for a gang of you going off to see a new film but it wasn't the only flavour I wanted, for sure.

Now I'm up here I throw myself into the chances to see and do stuff, hence pushing into mad stuff like the Tarr epic.

You're never excluded from anywhere though, that's for sure! :)

Oh gosh. When you say stoke do you mean the film theatre on the university campus opposite the library?
    There were many a time I saw some good films there :)

Last film I watched. Edge of tomorrow. I wasn't expecting much. I actually quite enjoyed it! Kind of groundhog day meets independence day.
  • KatRobin said:

Sigh...you all see such arty films... There's nowhere in a thirty to fifty mile radius of here that would show anything in that vein. I feel exempt from this thread, oh dear. :(

I lived in Shropshire for the first 30 years of my life and I therefore feel your pain. We had to go 20 miles to Stoke or 20 miles to Shrewsbury and even then it was for the big retail park multiplex style things. That was great for a gang of you going off to see a new film but it wasn't the only flavour I wanted, for sure.

Now I'm up here I throw myself into the chances to see and do stuff, hence pushing into mad stuff like the Tarr epic.

You're never excluded from anywhere though, that's for sure! :)

Oh gosh. When you say stoke do you mean the film theatre on the university campus opposite the library?
    There were many a time I saw some good films there :)

To be more accurate it was Hanley we used to use - the multi-screen on Festival Park. Still "Up Stokoe, duck"
    A million fires before your harvest comes. To burn out.
    Wear the mask of a heathen. For the moon's lonely eyes.
  • Tis the season for a good "Ghost Story"..and this is a good, old freaky deaky one...*Mwahahahaha..achoo!...ha*
    U R I E L
    What is done in the dark will always come to light
  • Was that a made-for-tv movie? I remember seeing it back then, but I can't remember anything about it. I recently bought the book and intend to read it.
    If I were dead, could I do this?
  • It was an actual movie-movie. I remember my parents rented the video of it and it scared me shitless for a while. Really good story though, I bet the book is even better.
    U R I E L
  • Arrrgh! I feel like it's been eons since I've seen a decent film. Well, Medea was great, but does that count? BTW Did you you finally get to see it Pony?
    LOVE tasted CRITICAL
  • Son of Dracula (1943).  My housemate went out into the kitchen at the end, without waiting for the plea to buy War Bonds.  What would Rosie the Riveter have said?  Tsk!
  • A_is_A said:

Arrrgh! I feel like it's been eons since I've seen a decent film. Well, Medea was great, but does that count? BTW Did you you finally get to see it Pony?

I saw it yesterday morning and was really impressed. The music was subtle and blended perfectly. I enjoyed everything about it really- excellent cast. Superb.

I watched the "Ice Storm" last night..I forgot how good it is- it really captures the time. It's one of my faves. They played a David Bowie song at the end that I didn't notice before. Now I have to look it up- :)
    Post edited by Ponygurl at 2014-10-26 11:07:58
    U R I E L
  • The Thin Man (1933).  Myrna Loy.  *sigh*
  • Ponygurl said:

I watched the "Ice Storm" last night..I forgot how good it is- it really captures the time. It's one of my faves. They played a David Bowie song at the end that I didn't notice before. Now I have to look it up- :)

Awesome movie. One of my faves too.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    "I think it is our job to dream"

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!