Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
  • 622 Comments sorted by
  • Well one of the things I received for Christmas was tickets to see Fleetwood Mac at Wembley next year!
    The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ.
    Moves on: nor all thy Piety nor Wit.
    Shall lure it back to cancal half a line,
    Nor all thy Tears wash out a Word of it.
  • I'll be ringing in New Year with this lovely man and a host of others- I hope everyone has a happy and healthy New Year! Xo
    U R I E L
    What is done in the dark will always come to light
  • We went to see KT Tunstall last Monday. That's the 6th time I seen her and she is a fantastic artist. So committed, so rocking on stage. Witty between songs as well. She currentky has an all female band that she has dubbed 'The five Fannie's' if you get a chance, well worth seeing. Old friends Keith GMB and Caromaple are fans as well.
    Also ticked off an ambition of a band we have been wanting to see for ages this week. We've bought tickets to see the B52's later this year in London.
    Radiohead are still elusive though! Slowly slowly catchy Monkey!
  • Another gig ticked off for later in the year and a band I've been wanting to see for many years. We have tickets to see the B52's at the Eventim Appolo or the Hammersmith Apollo for anyone who frequented the place back in the 70's and 80's!
  • Fun!
    If I were dead, could I do this?
  • Will any of them be wearing a Wig or a cheap toupee??
  • I should hope so!
    If I were dead, could I do this?
  • B-52s/OMD/Berlin and also Howard Jones/Men Without Hats/All Hail The Silence are making the rounds in the states now. Gotta say, I'd prefer a full set of OMD and separate shows for HoJo and MWH too. Ah well.
  • Ive also got tix to see Gary Numan at the Eventim Apollo, or the Hammersmith Apollo for those of us who frequented from the late 70's!
    Post edited by Urban_Tribesman at 2019-04-17 09:48:49
  • I saw Toyah again last Friday. This was an Up Close and Personal Acoustic gig so she interpreted a number of her songs to suit 2 acoustic guitars and an electric/upright bass. No percussion, just what could be generated off of the acoustic guitars by hitting the body. It was a really interesting experiance as in the many times I have seen her, it's always been with a full electric band with synths. Inbetween the songs, she told stories about her life in music and films, like the time she worked with Katherine Hepburn and George Cukor playing Bessie in The Corn is Green and with Sting in Quadrophenia. Originally cast in the Leslie Ash part and asked to coach John Lydon (Johhny Rotten) in the Phil Daniels role (he was a talented actor and quick study apparantly) the Producers threatened to pull the films funding unless Lydon was replaced due to his bad image and notoriety, so with him out, Toyah's part was changed to playing the character Monkey in the film. 40th anniversary of the film this year and secret events are about to be announced for June.
    For a bit of light and shade, we are off to see Muse this week-end at the Olympic stadium in Stratford. Seeing them again in July in Bordeux.
    Quiet life!
  • Muse were brilliant as usual. Old board friend @Littlebird saw them in Manchester. Not sure if @HellsBells got to see them. We chat on Twitter and if she did, she hasn't said.
    This Sunday is Fleetwood Mac at Wembley Stadium. Added bonus is that the support act is The Pretenders!
  • Fleetwood Mac were superb as were the Pretenders, if all a little distant in a space as cavernous as Wembley Stadium. Stadium gigs are not my favourites. Any gig where using binoculars is viable is going to leave you detached from the band. It also suffered from the age old problem of people (mostly Millenials) chatting through the songs, constantly backwards and forwards to get drinks or go for a piss and taking endless selfies of themselves. Many turn up 2 or 3 songs into the set, walking down the steps swaying with their hands up in mock salute to the band; leave halfway through or several songs from the end, all while wearing T Shirts that pledge homage to the band they are ignoring.
    Back to a slightly smaller venue this week-end and the B52's at the Hammersmith Apollo.
  • B52's were fabulous, but what would you expect?
    Another bunch of stalwart musicians getting on with it despite their age. Cindy is a mere 62, Fred 67 and Kate Peirson, like Stevie Nicks, is 71. They're keeping their Freak Flag flying!
    At one point, Fred said 'if aliens landed tomorrow and said "take me to your leader", we should say, no, you come and take our leaders and then....don't bring them back!'
  • Gigs lined up for this year so far:
    Valentines Day - Mari Wilson at the Pheasantry in Chelsea
    Goldfrapp at the Royal Festival Hall on March 29th the Sunday, for which I have a spare stalls ticket if anyone is interested.
    Goldfrapp at the De La Warr Pavilion 1st April
    Agnes Obel at the Hammersmith Apollo on the 9th April
    Toyah and Hazel O’Connor at the Palace Theatre Southend on the 19th April
    John Grant at the Alexandra Palace on the 7th May
    Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds at the O2 on 15th May
    An evening without Kate Bush 21st June - A suggestion from @KeithJ_gmb after he saw her at the Edinburgh Festival Fringe
    The Stranglers at Cambridge Corn Exchange 24th Oct
    Not a bad as it’s only early Feb.

• Thread bump!
    Last posting in this thread was Feb 2020.
    Well, 18 months since my last gig on Valentine’s Day 2020, we have a gig coming up. John Grant at the Alexandra Palace on 7th September.
    I’m going in! Wish me luck!
    Post edited by Urban_Tribesman at 2021-08-11 18:21:31

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!