Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
(leak talk in this thread)
  • 619 Comments sorted by
  • don't like leak(s) get all wet that's why i'm waiting untill september 9th for the official product :)
    Just Keep Things Simple.....
    Love Goldfrapp.....
  • Funny. I got sent the leek by a friend. So it was there for a while in my drop box and of course like any red blooded frapp fan would (be honest folks) I took a listen. I was going to resist, but mainly due to my overly heavy expectation rather than an moral issue.

But I have listened to it a couple of times and it is indeed well written, beautifully put together (even at low quality) and Ali voice is on form. It also feels like a complete album rather than a collection of songs (that recent albums have had). But, not sure why, I haven't put it on again. All I can think is it very orchestral and real sounding, but bar Thea (electronic) and Jo (effects/treatments) and it is generally played pretty straight (i'm guessing this was the idea). At the moment am just not in the mood for that sound. I am into stuff like IAMX, Daughter, Sigur Ros, Boards, Emika, Phantogram, Outfit at the moment (the later shaping up to be an album of the year). I always liked Goldfrapp for their mix of classic instruments and electronic sounds so maybe that is just how i see them. So although i like the album and it's much better than recent releases just not inspired to put it on. Maybe need to wait until the fuss has died down on this one sure the songs will pull me through.
  • I like Lady Gaga's approach. Pretty proactive.  And, they plan to jail the guy that leaked it.

Lady Gaga rush-releases new single after leak

• Yeah except that whole scenario stunk of bullshit, within 15 minutes of them putting that out the song was playing on every radio station and she herself was doing interviews, that to me scream massive PR stunt. You don't get a song through approval and get radio time in that short a window, even if you are Gaga. Wouldn't be the first time she's done it either, and it seems to have worked, her album is #1 on every countries iTunes pre-order chart. If that really was the excuse the entirety of Burqa (or Aura, whatever its called) leaked the week before the Applause snippets did and that didn't get a rush release, so it makes no sense.
  • I agree with rewak. News story along with the single release. Thats the idea. Good on her. I actually think GaGa is good tbh.
    JAMIE CARRAGHER= LEGEND
  • I read that she was pissed that the Demo of Aura (and it was a demo) had leaked and let loose by bringing the release forward. I honestly couldn't give less of a fuck about it, even if I was paid to not give a fuck.
    The foolish and the feckless might believe that cynical, but no, in a hundred years I'll be dead and I'll spend emotion on something thats worth it.
    Post edited by Sartori at 2013-08-14 14:35:42
    "Read my posts and see why we`re not allowed nice things anymore"
    photo 5a6eb769-bc12-4596-bbe8-709fc2bb0d5e.jpg
    "Brought to you straight from the People`s Republic of There`s Something Wrong With You . The Hoi Polloi Capital of the World"
  • Save money on Gagas new album by listening to a Madonna album from ten years ago.
    "Brought to you straight from the People`s Republic of There`s Something Wrong With You . The Hoi Polloi Capital of the World"
  • Like Madonna and many others, a born businesswoman.  Of course, the costumes, etc are a dead giveaway for that.
  • Sartori said:

Save money on Gagas new album by listening to a Madonna album from ten years ago.

American Life?! No, thanks. :P
    I had a king in a tenement castle, lately he's taken to painting the pastel walls brown. He's taken the curtains down. He's swept with the broom of contempt, and the rooms have an empty ring. He's cleaned with the tears of an actor who fears for the laughter's sting...
  • Like Madonna and many others, a born businesswoman.  Of course, the costumes, etc are a dead giveaway for that.

Madonna at least at the start of her career had something different and didn`t feel a need to directly suck the style from others , Gaga from the word "Go" has been sucking more than Linda Lovelace . And her singing , jesus christ , its like she`s singing as the Graf Spee is going down .

Madonna , (to me at least) feels a need to stay relevant and uses a style to stay so , Gaga (to me at least) just has no talent other than making herself look a twat for publicity .
    Post edited by Sartori at 2013-08-14 15:16:10
  • Sartori said:

Gaga from the word "Go" has been sucking more than Linda Lovelace .

I've never listened to her.  I never have liked the Alice Cooper approach to fame.
  • Alice Cooper, at least, was relevant.
    If I were dead, could I do this?
  • Why isn't DREW available on iTunes yet??? Is Goldfrapp happy with the album leaking? Pleaaaaaase release something, I feel like this album is gonna be released and no one will care with all this Ladey Gags vs Kety Perr war going on...
    We know WE CARE and we'll buy the originals, but it would be nice that more people around the world get the chance to know this beautiful album.
    Come on, someone push the release date sooner!
  • In truth, it'll have nothing to do with Gaga or anyone ellse.
    If I were dead, could I do this?
  • It really is silly that "Drew" hasn't been released yet.
    I had a king in a tenement castle, lately he's taken to painting the pastel walls brown. He's taken the curtains down. He's swept with the broom of contempt, and the rooms have an empty ring. He's cleaned with the tears of an actor who fears for the laughter's sting...

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!