Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
Somerset House 2013 - PHOTO Thread
  • 102 Comments sorted by
  • Some really nice shots folks

here's a some more I found

Great find, those shots are incredible @Border_Mind!
    Though we may deserve it, it will be worth it.
  • Cool photos everyone. (You wiped the floor with that one David).
  • ^Thank you. 
    I am about to start again on all the other ones I took and did not post to flickr.
    I am altering the good one too, turning down the sharpening as it added too much grain, and straightening it. Still has the mic stand though.
    Sophie_Banner
  • SLR ;) snuck it in. Very nice bag search folks there.

Right, the final pics are up on flickr everyone, all in extra large size.

Here

Post edited by dcbaxter at 2013-08-05 14:23:38
    Sophie_Banner
  • Cool. Ive never snuck one in. I always get shitted on in bag searches.

oh they is good! Loving a couple of the bnw ones :D
  • I've said it on Twitter and I'll say it here - David's photos are stupendous. Some of the best gig photos I've ever seen.
    David should get free entry to every gig he can attend, as a reward :)

• :-bd
    Though we may deserve it, it will be worth it.
  • Just realised that I hadn`t commented on them , Davids photos are absolutely gorgeous , they look like studio shots instead of a balmy night in a London carpark .  
    Post edited by Sartori at 2013-08-10 06:43:03
    "Read my posts and see why we`re not allowed nice things anymore"
    photo 5a6eb769-bc12-4596-bbe8-709fc2bb0d5e.jpg
    "Brought to you straight from the People`s Republic of There`s Something Wrong With You . The Hoi Polloi Capital of the World"
  • It wasn't me guv, I blame the camera ! It is cheating rather, taking £2500 worth of gear into the gig, then, luckily, not getting it confiscated. Then pushing in to where other members here were standing, and apologising to the guy we stood in front of (he was tall and seemed to get over it quickly). Then of course there was the brilliant lighting. Never enough on Alison's face as always but got away with it.

The subject herself, makes some pics easy as they come out really well and show her off, others I just have to delete as she would kill me if they were posted online. I am a tough editor but with Alison I would die if I posted a pic she hated.

I do love taking them though, and hope to do so again.

I really love Anouk's interpretations and have asked her to collaborate with me on others now and in the future. By collaborate, I mean I try and take a half decent snap and then  @Anouk turns it into ...well whatever she likes really.

Sophie_Banner
  • I know what you mean David, some of the faces she pulled whilst singing the new songs made her look like she'd been forced to watch a Dot Cotton sex tape.
    "Read my posts and see why we`re not allowed nice things anymore"
    photo 5a6eb769-bc12-4596-bbe8-709fc2bb0d5e.jpg
    "Brought to you straight from the People`s Republic of There`s Something Wrong With You . The Hoi Polloi Capital of the World"
  • ^ exactly !!!! and no one wants to see that !
    Sophie_Banner

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!