Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
  • I've started drawing a smile on my masks.  I was out the other day and this man in a store did me a kindness.  I remarked to him that one of the most frustrating things about the masks is that one can't just smile and nod one's head to acknowledge a kindness.  You're never sure if it was recognized.  I guess this doesn't really do that but still, it seems to pick up everyone's spirits - just like a real smile.  Interesting that.  I just feel like everyone is becoming even more determinedly dull than ever.

Somehow, I am guessing that those that are so upset about wearing a mask are not upset because it hides their sunny smiles.

Speaking of it, I really appreciate the title of this category.  It seems to reflect on the determinedly dull nature of the author of the title, being above it all and such.
    Post edited by Whickwithy at 2020-09-10 05:00:11
  • 1 Comment sorted by
  • One thing I’ve noticed about wearing a mask is when someone does smile at you for a small kindness, like letting them come past in a busy aisle, you can still see they have smiled as it changes the shape of, and lights up, their eyes.
    The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ.
    Moves on: nor all thy Piety nor Wit.
    Shall lure it back to cancal half a line,
    Nor all thy Tears wash out a Word of it.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!