Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
What TV Show are you watching right now?
  • 22 Comments sorted by
  • Awww, that's a shame.  I really do love your country.  I'd move there in a heartbeat is the situation permitted.
  • I am of course only referring to the political landscape, the country itself and most of the people in it are lovely.
  • Yes, I see what you mean.  Try America. 

Did I ever tell you the story about the baboon Alpha males?  There is this tribe in Africa where the very stupid but arrogant alpha males of a tribe of baboons were doing their arrogant thing and took sole possession of some meat they found in a dump.  It ends up the meat was tainted and all of the alpha males of the tribe died.  The tribe has since done wonderfully and never missed the alpha males.  When any arrogant, knuckle-dragging alpha males show up, they are quickly shown the door.  True story.

Post edited by Whickwithy at 2018-02-16 05:14:18
  • Not exactly a TV show as such but a recommendation came up to watch the BBC 2015 film Lady Chatterley's Lover. It's set in the wartime so i thought to myself ok why not.

I thought it would be really sleazy but it's actually not. It's quite romantic but very upsetting when you see how her husband struggles to cope with loosing his manliness and physicality.

In 1913 Connie Reid marries wealthy Nottingham colliery owner Sir Clifford Chatterley but he returns from the Great War disabled and in a wheelchair. Connie is loyal but begins to feel alienated as he engages a nurse, Mrs Bolton, to bathe him and excludes her from his pit business. Despite his desire for an heir his impotency pushes Connie further towards handsome Oliver Mellors, the plain-spoken former miner her husband has engaged as his game-keeper and who represents the passion she craves. Connie, now carrying Oliver's child, must choose between a pampered but joyless existence with her husband or an uncertain future with the man she has come to love.
  • You might like Head In The Clouds with Charlize Theron.  It's pretty interesting but has a very tragic ending.  I don't remember all the details but Charlize plays a pretty wild woman before WWII that has an on again off again relationship with this guy.  So, WWII starts and he is in the army.  She wants to do her part and goes beyond the call of duty.  I don't want to explain too much but pretty powerful.
  • Thanks for the recommendation.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!