Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
The Cure's 40th universary concert. Guess who are invited
    I take the needle off the Technics and put it in my vein
  • 7 Comments sorted by
  • Cool- I wonder who else is in the line-up?
  • hopefully we get a few more shows during 2018.. ii guess this would only be a 30min set, so not that overly interested
    Aaron
    facebook.com/omgitsaaronnnx
  • I hate seeing the Frapp, s name in the slightly smaller print. And that’s not a reference to my eyesight.
  • Never been a big fan of seeing Frapp at festivals or multi band gigs like this. I love seeing the Frapp (21 so far) but these cut down, short set events are not them at their best. We are usually in France around that time anyway, so not planning to apply for tickets for this one.
    I like the Cure, or should I say I liked the Cure back in their day but it seems they are another one of the 'older' boys tempted back to make a few bob out of some select gigs as they are probably making bugger all out of record sales ( like everyone else).
    The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ.
    Moves on: nor all thy Piety nor Wit.
    Shall lure it back to cancal half a line,
    Nor all thy Tears wash out a Word of it.
  • £70 to see Goldfrapp play some distance away or on a screen isn't an attractive proposition unfortunately. As for the other acts, The Cure are an unremarkable band whose only real chart success was 25 years ago. But they (or should I say he as the lead singer is the only one left from the original band) have been around for a very long time so it'll be a nostalgia kick for some. And Interpol are a boring US rock band with little chart success - no idea why they're higher on the bill than Goldfrapp
  • What I would do to attend a concert in Hyde Park...five days of some very fine music!  Sounds like a good way to spend some summer days to me.
    Post edited by Whickwithy at 2017-12-15 11:40:27
  • I take the needle off the Technics and put it in my vein

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!