Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
  •  
    Post edited by Whickwithy at 2018-04-08 08:10:40
  • 106 Comments sorted by
  •   
    Post edited by Whickwithy at 2017-11-27 07:05:28
    I take the needle off the Technics and put it in my vein
  • Inconsiderate and selfish people. No time for it (I know that's inconsiderate) !
    Particularly when driving. If I am approaching a junction with cars queuing to come out, or cars on the opposite side waiting to cross, I will always try to enlarge the gap enough so that one car can cross/come out as that is what I would like someone to do if I was in one of those locations. I usually have to flash my lights to convey my intentions ( as so many people when they drive are not fully paying attention to reading the road) but I always try to drive in this considerate way. However, when the boot is on the other foot, nothing, nada. Inconsiderate buggers. It takes no effort to do and costs nothing and makes everyone's day that little bit easier.
    Don't be a dick and try to keep the traffic flowing. And pay attention, especially at traffic lights and be ready to move off when they change to green, not sit there like a knob as though moving your card forward was suddenly a surprise to you.
    Grrr!
    The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ.
    Moves on: nor all thy Piety nor Wit.
    Shall lure it back to cancal half a line,
    Nor all thy Tears wash out a Word of it.
  • Tailgaters
    Drivers who set out to cut you up (not literally but I'm a driving sense)
    Nosey people
    Gossipy people
    Unfriendly people

People in General? Haha!!
  • Tailgaters
    Drivers who set out to cut you up (not literally but I'm a driving sense)
    Nosey people
    Gossipy people
    Unfriendly people

People in General? Haha!!

Check on all of those ... except the last.  There are exceptions ... sometimes.  I guess highest on my list are nosey/gossipy people.  They seem to always be one in the same.

I have to tell a story about Boston drivers sometime.  They are even worse that Taipei where they make six lanes out of two and have special little details on their cars so that they can get within millimeters of the next car.  I hear Rome is pretty bad too.

Sad to say that I used to joke that, where I live now, two cars in a row was a traffic jam.  No longer true at all.
    Post edited by Whickwithy at 2017-11-27 14:09:32
  • I like that "boot on the other foot", UT.  Especially since that's what you call the trunk of the car (or hood?).
  • I’m annoyed that every time you send a parcel in the post now you have to explain EXACTLY what’s in it. Maybe I just have an extremely nosey local post office, maybe I’m just over-reacting ( I’m a private person). It’s especially grating when there, s a queue of your own neighbours behind you. Grrrr.
  • Only in the land of cabbage Kat!!!

I've never been interrogated at the post office although i was waiting for someone outside of a music venue in town, and was hovering there for what seemed like AGES. This security kept staring at me and then did a spot check on me asking me to open my clutch bag.

So there i am taking out my lipstick, lip gloss, eyeliner and hes like "nice lipstick!!"

Erm... okay......

I nearly clobbered my ultra late friend when she FINALLY turned up.

I find airport security is a strange thing. I kid you not. One year a black lady seemed to get targeted. She had the full works on her. Apparently she had something metal in her hair and it was sending the scanners into a frenzy.
  • Can you imagine if you were sending an item that was a bit risque Kat. Looooool!!

Post office operative: "And may i ask what's in the box ma'am"?

Kat: Its deodorant.

Post office operative: It looks a bit large for a deodorant. Are you sure it's not a hedgehog?
  • Wouldn't be the first parcel that's been subject to a controlled explosion due to a sex aid that become 'agitated'!
    The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ.
    Moves on: nor all thy Piety nor Wit.
    Shall lure it back to cancal half a line,
    Nor all thy Tears wash out a Word of it.
  • KatRobin said:

I’m annoyed that every time you send a parcel in the post now you have to explain EXACTLY what’s in it. Maybe I just have an extremely nosey local post office, maybe I’m just over-reacting ( I’m a private person). It’s especially grating when there, s a queue of your own neighbours behind you. Grrrr.

Welcome to the new world of paranoia.  Talk about a subject for conspiracy theories.  Have you ever seen "Lords of War" or "War, Inc"?
  • I’ve just stopped sending parcels. Humbug.
  • There you go.  Some people get nosey (postal clerks, for example) and some hunker down.
  • You have to be careful sending anyone money for birthdays or Christmas too. Because there are evil posties out there. This is why i now get cheques from family for Christmas although they could go on walkabout too.

Did/does anyone still get excited getting a card or gift by airmail. It's so much fun!!

But what would be even more cool is getting a little message on rolled up paper from a pigeon or an owl!!
  • There's something special about real mail.  Pass messages by homing pigeon!  That would be something very special.  Kinda like a secret decoder ring.  I used to have a program that would embed messages in a photo.  Silly but fun.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!