Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
  • Here we go again. This time they've targeted New York City.

Post edited by serenity52 at 2017-10-31 18:21:06
  • 14 Comments sorted by
  • Im reading this this took place very near to the 9/11 memorial site and ISIS are responsible for this.
  • The crazies are gripping the world right now...
  • Idiots are many on this planet. And fear's their weapon.
  • New York explosion at Manhattan bus terminal
    11 December 2017 US & Canada
    Share this with Email Share this with Facebook Share this with Twitter Share this with Whatsapp
    The explosion occurred as the Monday rush hour was getting under way
    Image caption The explosion occurred as the Monday rush hour was getting under way
    A man is being held after an attempted terror attack at America's biggest and busiest bus terminal, officials say.

"Terrorists won't win. We are New Yorkers," said Mayor Bill de Blasio after a blast in an underpass at the Port Authority terminal on Monday.

The suspect, named as Akayed Ullah, 27, was wounded when a "low-tech explosive device" strapped to his body blew up during the rush hour, officials say.

They say three other people suffered minor injuries.

Mayor De Blasio said the suspect was believed to have acted alone.

A photo circulating on social media shows a man, said to be the suspect, lying on the ground with his clothes ripped and lacerations on his upper body.

Map
    White House press secretary Sarah Sanders said President Donald Trump had been briefed on the incident.

The Port Authority Bus Terminal serves more than 65 million people a year.

Image copyright REUTERS Police and fire crews block off the streets near the New York Port Authority in New York City
    Image caption Several blocks of the city have been cordoned off
  • Almost like that terror act in Mogadishu where 500+ people died
    I take the needle off the Technics and put it in my vein
  • A low tech explosive device? Sounds like a Brussels sprout. ( not the time to quip, I know, sorry, but there are many people in these parts to be seen carrying whole stalks of the things- everybody duck!)
  • Btw I didn't sit there typing all that out. Oh no not I. I simply copied and pasted from AOL news which is about as reliable as a Brussels sprout.

Only a matter of time before the UK is targeted again.
  • It’s called Christmas. Maybe we,re at cross purposes.
  • I know im not well but didn't get that last bit Kat?

For these evil morons, Christmas means nothing to them.
  • Uk targeted again with explosive devices - Christmas lunch....oh, I’ll shut up.
  • Ahh I get it. The Xmas turkey dinner was da bomb.

See what i did there. I'd be a shit comedienne. If i ever made it big I'd probably only have one audience member.

Speaking of comedy, what is everyone's favourite Xmas comedy show?

I love Alan Carr actually. That man is comedy gold with a little drinks cabinet. Graham Norton is quite cool.

Love a bit of Father Ted, Only Fools, Steptoe and Son too. That's going very old school now.

Strangely I don't find Miranda Hart funny. At all. Just like Victoria Wood. Dull dull and duller.

• Ahh I get it. The Xmas turkey dinner was da bomb.

See what i did there. I'd be a shit comedienne. If i ever made it big I'd probably only have one audience member.

Speaking of comedy, what is everyone's favourite Xmas comedy show?

I love Alan Carr actually. That man is comedy gold with a little drinks cabinet. Graham Norton is quite cool.

Love a bit of Father Ted, Only Fools,

I take the needle off the Technics and put it in my vein
  • Miranda? Me neither. But Victoria Wood....legend.
    I like a bit of Gavin and Stacey and Catherine Tate. Couldn’t bear to watch Mrs Brown,s Boys....tripe.
  • I was literally just watching Gavin and Stacey the other day!!

Stacey is a nice girl but a wee bit irritating.

Nessa and Smithy- they dont add much to the show.

Peter Kay love him.

Did anyone used to watch My Family with Robert Lindsay and Zoe Wannamaker? That killed me every Friday evening.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!