Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
  • Ello ello frappercinos!!

How art thou on this merry day? So, according to the very credible source that is Facebook, it is National Dessert Day.

I love cake and ice cream. In fact I get more excited over the dessert than the actual meal. So what is your favourite dessert of all time.

Mine is Eton Mess. x
  • 6 Comments sorted by
  • Strawberries, so Eton Mess is fine, even with Raspberries.
    When I was a kid, I spent many of the summer holidays on a farm with my Godfather and Godmother. It got me out of my parents hair and I could run off steam to my hearts content. One thing they grew on the farm was strawberries, so they were always on the menu if you wanted them. One year, my GM made strawberry flans and there was loads of them, so many that we had them for two weeks non stop. Even my love of strawberries was stretched to breaking point. It was not the Strawbs but the flan I got tired of.
    Treacle Sponge, Spotted Dick, Lemon Meringue Pie; I love nearly all desserts, but am much more picky about main courses in what I will eat.
    The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ.
    Moves on: nor all thy Piety nor Wit.
    Shall lure it back to cancal half a line,
    Nor all thy Tears wash out a Word of it.
  • Me too Urban Tribesman. I can eat nearly any type of dessert going, and other people's!! Actual food i could live without quite happily!!

As Marie Antoinette said- "Let them eat cake!" :-bd
  • Catherine and I enjoyed a rare afternoon together yesterday. We were gifted an afternoon cream tea at a very posh local country house and as the sun was out it was a lovely experience. I only got as far as the scone in one sitting however, not really a cake person. I'd sooner eat pickles any day of the week!
  • That does sound gorgeous Kat. I really want to do the whole fine dining experience a la Michelin rated restaurant. Asds have jumped on the wagon to bring afternoon tea to the shelves on a family friendly price but stuffing a few French fancies and salmon sandwiches in a box foesnt quite have the same finesse?
  • Quite. Fake. Have to admit, I did come over all Agatha Christie as usual ( my other heroine) and was looking for bodies in the bushes as we walked the mutts round the gardens. Oh to be a kept woman and worry away the rest of my existence sitting on a terrace with tea and writing books / painting.
  • Omg I can totally see us staring in that film- ladies of lavender. Or the 2nd best marigold hotel.

The whole Adds thing cheapens the experience. Afternoon tea is an experience- a bit like going on a spa break. My dream job would be a cheese or tea tester!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!