Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
European Dates
  • 110 Comments sorted by
  • For those of you not on FB, Giancarlo has kindly grabbed and uploaded a high quality professionally recorded gig at the Baloise festival in Basle last month at https://wetransfer.com/downloads/298c2ff9e7f75b8004bcb259c3357eb020171119084455/4a4db9
    It'll only be there for 5 days so be quick!

• Hi, why is nobody talking about the gigs this year? Just been at Catcus Festival in Bruges. Hazel was not on stage - is that the same with the other gigs this year ? Sound was great with emphasis on base and drums. Seb was putting in huge energy right from the first song, and a really great dirty base sound from Charlie on Ocean.
  • I can only imagine how amazing "Ocean" sounds live.
    If I were dead, could I do this?
  • I don't do festival gigs schimmey. Not into the camping or general hassle of standing about in fields. Purely a hall kind of guy. Only time I have seen the Frapp outside was at Greenwich Navel academy and at Somerset House. They were fine but GF were the only band on so that was OK.
    I went to Knebworth once and we sat in a field all day. Totally worth it then as the headliner was Queen and that was the last gig they did with Freddie. It was hell getting in, having a piss when you were there, or getting a drink/something to eat and getting out was murder.
    Put off festivals since then.
    The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ.
    Moves on: nor all thy Piety nor Wit.
    Shall lure it back to cancal half a line,
    Nor all thy Tears wash out a Word of it.
  • iuventus said:

I can only imagine how amazing "Ocean" sounds live.

It is awesome live. Didn't shoot it at Brixton as I had already done so at the Roundhouse and Cambridge gigs but here it is. *swoon*
    Post edited by Urban_Tribesman at 2018-07-16 07:04:39
    The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ.
    Moves on: nor all thy Piety nor Wit.
    Shall lure it back to cancal half a line,
    Nor all thy Tears wash out a Word of it.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!