Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
Happy New Mods day!!
  • 47 Comments sorted by
  • I for one welcome our new overlords mods. :D
    Are you going to the party?
  • Bells said:

Comments delete test:-
    Goldfrapp are complete bastards.
    Sits and waits for comment to be deleted ~O)

I was going to reply "3/10 Could do better" but then you might try and where would that get us! :D

I don't get what all this voting up and down business is all about. Seems a tad pointless in my opinion and throws comments all over the shop! :-w
  • I wouldn't even give it a thought - the voting was basically a style of feature they built into this place that nobody would have missed if it wasn't here.

Once you've chasen to sort by date rather than votes (ie the way every other board works) at the top of a page for the first time it defaults to that for you permanently and then all the voting gubbins is pointless after that!
    Post edited by The_Carpathian at 2013-07-05 08:51:04
    A million fires before your harvest comes. To burn out.
    Wear the mask of a heathen. For the moon's lonely eyes.

• Yay!  Congrats you two.  I will have cake please.

• Una said:

Yay!  Congrats you two.  I will have cake please.

The good thing about virtual cake is that we're fully stocked with every type you may want.

Your choice?
  • I wouldn't even give it a thought - the voting was basically a style of feature they built into this place that nobody would have missed if it wasn't here.
    Once you've chasen to sort by date rather than votes (ie the way every other board works) at the top of a page for the first time it defaults to that for you permanently and then all the voting gubbins is pointless after that!

The old GMB had a similar thing (they called it a "rating") but in the 8 years I was on the board, I don't think I ever used it.

On here, I must have chosen "sort by date" right at the start, as I have never seen any other post-order. Do you only have to select it once, for one thread.. and then it does it that way for all others? Seems weird.

Post edited by Halloween_Jack at 2013-07-05 09:19:25
  • Slippage said:

eliminate some of those crazy threads (open letter, etc.) and bring the board back to the peaceful home it was not too long ago! ;)

Hahaha!  You missed it, Slippage.  "Open Letter" is a bilssful comment that should never be removed!  God, help us.  Like some people won't continue to bump that post just to keep it alive.

Did you ever notice that this forum doesn't even show up on the main Goldfrapp page?  I truly believe they are only running this page for the sake of those that really love them.  I"m tremendously disappointed.
  • love conquers all ;)
    "its MY favourite song"
  • Oh, I said congrats in the other thread, well fuck it I shall say it again.
    WOOHOO.

Sophie_Banner
  • Excellent. Best news this place has had.

The old forum's still going, mind. Once you've cleaned up this one horse town...

APL

"Cleanliness and chickens. Those are two concepts I will always stand by"
    Geddy Lee
  • Bells said:

Comments delete test:-
    Goldfrapp are complete bastards.
    Sits and waits for comment to be deleted ~O)

Well, at least some people are practicing their voting skills....

Hahaha!  Not sure what they are voting against, though.  Comment?  Or, deletion?
    Post edited by Whickwithy at 2013-07-07 00:03:19
  • Well, I thought I would just add a thanks to our moderators for keeping
    things pretty sweetly clean.  It sounds like their might have been more
    than one barrage.  I mean, y'all must be pretty quick on the draw with that mouse!

I almost put this in the board fault thread, as that's where the idea struck me, but didn't want to add to any clutter.
    Post edited by Whickwithy at 2013-07-16 15:29:10
  • I zap any spammy thread/post as soon as I see it. It's just 2 quick clicks. That probably works out to about 5 or 6 a day. Probably similar number dealt with by Carpy?

Of course, it would be much better to prevent the spambots joining in the first place! (And we do not have the ability to delete them.) So much for a more modern forum-system being "able to combat spam better"!

Post edited by Halloween_Jack at 2013-07-16 15:34:25
  • I zap any spammy thread/post as soon as I see it. It's just 2 quick clicks. That probably works out to about 5 or 6 a day. Probably similar number dealt with by Carpy?

Of course, it would be much better to prevent the spambots joining in the first place! (And we do not have the ability to delete them.) So much for "a more modern board being able to combat spam better"!

Yeah, about the same. Two main users so far, one of them in Chinese (?!)

Maybe it would have been even worse but for the newer board - I'm pretty sure some are trapped on registration and are unable to then post messages on threads.

Just have a look at the Activity option above and imagine they were all posting!
  • Nice one guys,  congrats.

:-)

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!