Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
Philadelphia gig - April 24
  • 21 Comments sorted by
  • My first Goldfrapp show was spectacular, to say the least. Was right up against the stage under gorgeous Alison. Mr. Giancarlo got a shoutout! Mic was a bit tricky, and the monitor in front of Alison actually started smoking so one of the workers had to meddle with that through a few songs. She played the exact set list I had made a playlist for based on the previous shows! All in all, was a fantastic night. Got very, very into the songs and her voice is just incredible. Can't wait to do it all again Thursday.
  • Setlist from Philly gig received from Giancarlo via Appy61

The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ.
    Moves on: nor all thy Piety nor Wit.
    Shall lure it back to cancal half a line,
    Nor all thy Tears wash out a Word of it.
  • A guy behind me was screaming in my ears and I haven't understood what Alison was saying, just seen her watching in my direction ...
  • Probably thinks you're a stalker! =P~
    The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ.
    Moves on: nor all thy Piety nor Wit.
    Shall lure it back to cancal half a line,
    Nor all thy Tears wash out a Word of it.
  • Saw Youtube footage of the show. Whoever the queen was screaming during Utopia ("What is she doing, is she praying? Your hair looks really nice!") and the rest of the show and making it very clear that he didn't like Ocean out of a need for attention really needed a backhand across the face and a good shutting up. Why some gays need to put on shows of their own and be great big piles of estrogen I just don't get (speaking as one of the silent ones who doesn't live vicariously through rubbing it in people's faces). I can't believe how much he aggravated me and I wasn't even there! Sheesh. No respect for Alison at all, which drove me nuts.

Sorry, I'm done. Just had too many exes like that and it really gets under my skin because I don't see any point in it. Ugh!
    Post edited by Slippage at 2017-04-27 16:04:32

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!