Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
Cambridge gig - March 21st
  • 78 Comments sorted by
  • 2 more
    Hard working girl front left there !

The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ.
    Moves on: nor all thy Piety nor Wit.
    Shall lure it back to cancal half a line,
    Nor all thy Tears wash out a Word of it.
  • Both my new mate Seb and Angie hard at work here.

• Thanks Nick for some good pics under very challenging conditions. Lighting was very strange but sound balance excellent probably because Will was in charge. Thanks also for capturing Ocean - fantastic live and crying out for an extended version......
  • She looks so different from Head First!! How did you get a picture THAT close Urban Tribesmen?

And you got to meet Will Gregory didn't you? That's so cool!!
  • I was only about 15 feet from her Serendipity and my LUMIX has a 30x optical zoom. Brilliant for gigs normally but to get good pics, you need a modicum of light !
    They actually showed the band on and off the stage with a torch !
  • And you got to meet Will Gregory didn't you? That's so cool!!

What can I say. I'm a celebrity stalker! We sat there for about 10 minutes. Will was waiting for a cab to take him into town as he was planning to look round Cambridge in the afternoon. Seb went into the venue.
    When Will got up to leave, we noticed something on the bench, which turned out to be a leather glasses case. Seb asked me if it was mine, I said no, so he called out to Will, 'Is this yours Will' ?' ' oh yes, it's my glasses case' ! And I said, 'Imagine how much I could have got for that !'
    We chatted about synths; particularly the Roland Jupiter 6 as I had one and Will still has one. He asked me what keyboard I had now.
    Talking synths with Will Gregory. Chuffed !
    Post edited by Urban_Tribesman at 2017-03-22 16:43:22
  • Was a great gig. Glad they varied the set list which I didn't expect. Lovely venue with staff who want to be there. Contrasting with an O2 venue the day b4. Nice red outfit. Lighting terrible but much better than in Oxford due to different shaped stage and less haze. This means I could even see Seb. Definitely sold out gig but smaller capacity. Can't wait for Monday.
    ;;) ;;) ;;)
    Post edited by thathurt at 2017-03-22 17:14:39
  • Oh cheers for pics n vid. I don't think mine are usable. I refused to reduce the shutter speed. Oh well.
    Post edited by thathurt at 2017-03-22 17:19:10
  • Cambridge is just stunning. I went there last year and was in see taking photos of everything, the university buildings are epic on a grand scale. Would give anything to have gone to the Uni of Cambridge!!

I hope Will managed to squeeze in a bit of punting down River Cam. Oxford too is beautiful.

You should have said Let's go shopping Will. Your paying!! (You might have got a coffee out of him but still). Lol!!!
  • Five nice vids gone up on Vimeo. 
    Anymore.
    www.themummers.co.uk
    photo 48d99ea1-4ff3-47b4-a076-5c9c0bc0a716_zpsbb643bce.jpg
  • Ah was terrible weather Mon and Wed so I managed little sightseeing. Managed two museums in Cambridge before I got fed up with the wind.
  • A link to my album of photos from this gig on Flickr.
    Light was so poor they are not up to the usual standard but here they are.

https://m.flickr.com/photos/arborial-arts/sets/72157681785790645/
  • This one is interesting. It shows Angies laptop from where they control all the synth patches into her and Hazels synths. Each has two fixed manuals and the mobile AX7.
    You can see all the songs the system is programmed with on the left, including some they are not playing from TOU,
    This pic shows the set up for Utopia.

https://m.flickr.com/photos/arborial-arts/33342581620/sizes/m/?xajax=1
  • Sister Magic :)

Formerly known as alex_t.
  • Angie and Hazel.
    Sister Magic !

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!