• More dark spells for you, @Ponygurl.

"Angelica, Stinging Nettle, Belladonna"

If I were dead, could I do this?
  • Love your new avatar, Iuv...

And, PG, rare form!  Let me guess....
  • du behöver bara titta på en Iamamiwhoami video förstå min humor WW, :P
    U R I E L
    What is done in the dark will always come to light
  • After a 4 second snippet of sound would it be ridiculous of me to suggest the new album might have Iamamiwhoami tendencies? We know Alison saw them in concert, and she knows a few of us on here like them too. Is it irreverent of me to suggest that Alison could ever be influenced by anyone else lol?
    If there is that influence, it would suit my well-tuned ears.
  • KatRobin said:

After a 4 second snippet of sound would it be ridiculous of me to suggest the new album might have Iamamiwhoami tendencies? We know Alison saw them in concert, and she knows a few of us on here like them too. Is it irreverent of me to suggest that Alison could ever be influenced by anyone else lol?
    If there is that influence, it would suit my well-tuned ears.

Not ridiculous at all.
    Did she actually see them in concert?

• I'm sure I read that somewhere yes. I could be wrong, I can always be wrong.
  • Just ordered Silver Eye!!!
    If anyone has any sort of contact with 'Goldfrapp', please, please request them to release a DVD of one of the upcoming shows........
    Desperate for video footage...............
    Thanks
  • Will do.
    If I were dead, could I do this?
  • Tompat said:

Just ordered Silver Eye!!!
    If anyone has any sort of contact with 'Goldfrapp', please, please request them to release a DVD of one of the upcoming shows........
    Desperate for video footage...............
    Thanks

Did you see the feed from Montreux over the weekend Tompat?
    The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ.
    Moves on: nor all thy Piety nor Wit.
    Shall lure it back to cancal half a line,
    Nor all thy Tears wash out a Word of it.
  • iuventus said:

Which member will violently turn against Goldfrapp after the release of the new album?

A. Ponygurl
    B. Whickwithy
    C. Jo_ey
    D. Mirror

I would never!
  • I thought it was just the hardcore fans left here? Fans who think Ali can do now wrong.
    I should be first on the list really (based on my TOU review) :-/

Goldfrapp, when they started, were fresh as they had a new way of fusing old genres making a fresh sound. It was as much about this as the songs and talent for me. But pop music quickly caught up (well copied it). So no matter how talented they are, to 'some' it seemed like they were just doing more of the same but different. That is when the music loses it's magic for many people. It stops being exciting, just pleasant. All great bands go through the same curve. Some comeback and capture new (and old) fans again with a fresh sound/vibe/songs. Some, 
    prime example being U2,  just churn the same stuff out for the rest of their careers just focusing on keeping their diehards fans happy. Even though they are more than capable of doing something unique - I listened to Zooropa and Passengers the other day and they could do it if they wanted. In some ways Radiohead have done it in reverse avoiding doing what made them famous. No one is at fault if people enjoy the music, just part of the rich tapestry of music. People listen to music in different ways and want different things from it - even if they like the same artist. 

For me if you have a board full of people who just go on about how brilliant everything is and constantly agree it would be a terrible dull place. In art you don't learn anything unless you are will to take constructive criticism

Also I have noticed a worrying polarisation in the world (well on social media) that you have to be on one side or another. There is not middle ground. Which is of course ridiculous.

* NOTE: I agree you have to keep your criticism objective / constructive and not personal. But also be able to take it and not take it personally. 

Post edited by tattmaylor at 2017-01-24 04:19:56
  • Well said! Everyone's a critic!
  • There are some suckarses in the GF ranks. To be honest, not here, but on other forums I cruise occasionally. 'I'm your biggest fan' is such a lame arse thing to post !
    Got a be honest and in that I agree with you Matt, we are all entitled to have an opinion, as long as it remains just that, an opinion.
    The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ.
    Moves on: nor all thy Piety nor Wit.
    Shall lure it back to cancal half a line,
    Nor all thy Tears wash out a Word of it.
  • I agree with you Matt, but I now offer you:

E: tattmaylor
  • To be honest, most people I see on here (myself included) do have quite a soft spot for Tales Of Us, but don't consider it their best album. I've seen very few people claim that.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!