Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
Silver Eye (main album thread)
  • 1576 Comments sorted by
  • Turqs said:

From the description new album seems to be very Thea-like.

And if it'll be stomping album I hope that Angie P. will recover quickly & will be around during the tour.

because she's so useless on non-stomping tours
    I take the needle off the Technics and put it in my vein
  • LuDux said:

Turqs said:

And if it'll be stomping album I hope that Angie P. will recover quickly & will be around during the tour.

I didn't said that.
  • Turqs said:

LuDux said:

Turqs said:

I didn't said that.

"Listen, Frank, we don't want your family visiting us again"
    "What happened!"
    "After you left last night we couldn't find golden fork"
    "But we didn't take it!"
    "yeah, we found it later, but bad feelings remain"
    I take the needle off the Technics and put it in my vein
  • Which is what Galeen did. Just popped up on my home email !
    I have my email visible on my info page here, so I assume people are finding their way to the forum and being logical as one of the two info posts tells people to look for members emails to ask to join.
    I have noticed that the forum does not like hotmail as new member email addresses, but likes Gmail. Had several newbies that we could not get on the board with hotmail but could with Gmail.
    The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ.
    Moves on: nor all thy Piety nor Wit.
    Shall lure it back to cancal half a line,
    Nor all thy Tears wash out a Word of it.
  • @LuDux @Turqs. Angie P could play The Birdie Song, and it would be amazing! Hell, she could play my shopping list and she would be fabulous. Get well soon Angie, we need you !
    Post edited by Urban_Tribesman at 2016-12-31 12:41:47
  • I just used my initiative to find a forum member's profile and hope they had a visible e-mail address.  I had contacted Halloween Jack back in July about joining but he never got back to me and I left it.  With the new album arising I felt it was worth another shot!

It is the hardest forum to join though, don't know what the reason for that is in particular.  Shut out the riff-raff? :-P 

Soon be nothing of this world.
  • Yeah, no scum or riff-raff, or anyone else from Rocky Horror. Before my time but I believe it was to stop spammers who neally killed the site off a few years ago. That's why you may here some of the old timers talk about the old board. Since then, you only get here by invite, and a big sack of cash....I trust the cheque is in the post as agreed? :-$
  • Yes, I have also tried to find the GMB but it's well and truly wiped from the history books of the interwebz.  It's a shame because it'd have been nice to read old discussions.

I don't remember agreeing to a cheque, I thought we agreed that my rolls of £££'s would be sufficient via secure mail?  If you'd prefer a cheque, let me know.  Pray that it doesn't bounce, as I know I will :P 
    Soon be nothing of this world.
  • Gaelen said:

Yes, I have also tried to find the GMB but it's well and truly wiped from the history books of the interwebz.  It's a shame because it'd have been nice to read old discussions.

I don't remember agreeing to a cheque, I thought we agreed that my rolls of £££'s would be sufficient via secure mail?  If you'd prefer a cheque, let me know.  Pray that it doesn't bounce, as I know I will :P 

Cash is King my friend, cash is King!
  • Before my time but I believe it was to stop spammers who neally killed the site off a few years ago. That's why you may here some of the old timers talk about the old board...

Yes, towards the end of the old GMB, bots were starting and spamming threads - not just a few, but you'd log in and have to scroll through page after page of spam to reach anything readable.

It seemed like the most sensible thing would have been to use a captcha thing, but the whole site was scrapped and this system introduced instead. Impenetrable to all but we elite among Russian hackers (yes, it was us! We won that election!!!) 
  • I have no idea about their source, but there are some juicy comments on this MOJO 2017-albums-preview:

Oof Alison sandwiched between Liam Gallagher and Paul Weller. Bet she hated that :))
  • I like to think Paul Weller gave Liam a fucking good slapping!
  • Then re-enacted a scene from Deliverance for Alison's edification. Sweeeeee ! :@)
    Post edited by Urban_Tribesman at 2017-01-01 06:33:42
  • Looks like Angie's on board !
  • Haha I like the way you're thinking UT. I did the same thing when I saw your tweet "Gee, lets see who liked it" ;)

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!