Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
Silver Eye (main album thread)
  • 1576 Comments sorted by
  • They should put out Systemagic in early March. We need another taste.
  • Jo_ey said:They should put out Systemagic in early March. We need another taste.

Agreed. Almost every artist nowadays releases
    at least two songs from their upcoming album before the official release.

• @MonsterLove Systemagic and Ocean are two of the most explosive songs on the album, in my opinion. You will not be disappointed in the slightest, particularly if you like Thea, Train, Strict Machine, Dreaming or Tiptoe.

But if you can hang in there and not cave in to the leaks, please do. It's going to be more than worth the wait.
    Post edited by Slippage at 2017-02-16 22:42:12
  • Slippage said:

@MonsterLove Systemagic and Ocean are two of the most explosive songs on the album, in my opinion. You will not be disappointed in the slightest, particularly if you like Thea, Train, Strict Machine, Dreaming or Tiptoe.

But if you can hang in there and not cave in to the leaks, please do. It's going to be more than worth the wait.

Have you heard the full songs? :)
    I had a king in a tenement castle, lately he's taken to painting the pastel walls brown. He's taken the curtains down. He's swept with the broom of contempt, and the rooms have an empty ring. He's cleaned with the tears of an actor who fears for the laughter's sting...
  • No, I haven't. I've heard a minute from each track, so the tracks could change and evolve as they go along. That being said, it feels like Systemagic in particular won't stray too far from the very radio-friendly formula it has going on. Can't say the same for Ocean, but it really is stunningly beautiful and I couldn't care less what happens as long as Alison keeps holding some long, loud notes throughout. ;)
    Post edited by Slippage at 2017-02-16 22:56:47
  • I think it would be great to release another single at the beginning of march, one that evolves and explodes. I'm always waiting for Anymore to explode, but it never happens. If systemagic is like you are all describing, it would be a great choice.

I see you are all excited by Ocean... I'm getting my hopes really high for that one ;) I need to refrain myself from listening to the clips and only listen to the full album when its available.
  • Slippage said:

@MonsterLove Systemagic and Ocean are two of the most explosive songs on the album, in my opinion. You will not be disappointed in the slightest, particularly if you like Thea, Train, Strict Machine, Dreaming or Tiptoe.

What a description! I'll hold off then. I remember when Supernature clips were added to the official website around June 2005.. and the album wasn't coming out for another 2 months.. it was hell! 
  • Systemagic had a very happy-go-lucky backbone akin to Head First about it IMO, don't know if others would agree.  I also agree with what Slippage has said when referring to it as 'radio-friendly', dot the two things together that i've mentioned there and you can perhaps prepare yourself for what you will hear.  Obviously, I also only head the one minute clip.

Soon be nothing of this world.
  • Hate to be a Debby Downer but I feel like this long stretch between the release of 'Anymore' and the new album could backfire.  It feels very 15 years ago.  I know some artists still tease albums in these long pre-release campaigns, but they're often huge-selling A-listers for whom the long tease is a strategic advantage.  I adore Goldfrapp and I know they have a fiercely loyal audience, but beyond the Supernature era, they've never been huge.  

Is there really going to be a second wave of press and media interest months after the first single and, apparently, well after some journalists  have already heard the album? It feels like this campaign has lost momentum and we have until the end of March before the album itself is out.  I mean, look at the video.  The official audio has (and probably will continue to have) more views on YT than the official video because of the long wait between the two.  Ah, well, I guess that's Mute's problem.  My only mission is to enjoy the music and hope they have some West Coast gigs in the US.  
    Post edited by HorseTearz at 2017-02-17 11:31:14
  • I'm hoping we get another track soon. With TOU we got "Annabel," but that was less than a week before the album release date.
    I had a king in a tenement castle, lately he's taken to painting the pastel walls brown. He's taken the curtains down. He's swept with the broom of contempt, and the rooms have an empty ring. He's cleaned with the tears of an actor who fears for the laughter's sting...
  • a proper EP release of 'anymore' with a b-side would work for me right now
  • Gaelen said:

Systemagic had a very happy-go-lucky backbone akin to Head First about it IMO, don't know if others would agree.  

I totally agree.. I caved and listened to clips, and I feel like SE will be more of a cross between BC and HF. Wasn't really getting any Supernature from the clips. I absolutely loved HF so that has me excited. Systemagic was also giving my Scissor Sisters vibes. 

But then again they were 60 second clips so really who knows! They could all be like Crystalline Green and start one way and finish totally different!

• I’ve given up trying to resist listening to the 1 minute snips and agree SE feels like a combination of Black Cherry and the best bits of Head First. That’s slightly disappointing as each of the previous albums were unique but after 6 previous ones it’s difficult to be completely different! The album promises to be stupendous though.

Systematic is likely to be the next single as it’s the most poppy. I prefer Goldfrapp’s more deep and mysterious songs and those which really hit the spot are from Faux Suede Drifter on. Favourites so far are Beast that never was, Zodiac black, Moon in your mouth and Ocean.
    Post edited by NovaLasing at 2017-02-17 15:08:29
  • WEAK PEOPLE-LIKE TYPING DETECTED
    I take the needle off the Technics and put it in my vein
  • Gaelen said:

I totally agree.. I caved and listened to clips, and I feel like SE will be more of a cross between BC and HF. Wasn't really getting any Supernature from the clips. 

Yes, I share this sentiment entirely.  I think the rawness is akin to Black Cherry, and the up-beat glossy melodies are what brings the Head First aspect in.

Really, not a bad combination.

There is of course, something new in all of it.  Silver Eye's own sound :) 
    Soon be nothing of this world.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!