Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
Silver Eye (main album thread)
  • 1576 Comments sorted by
  • By Oakland, I assume you mean down the road from San Francisco? Unfortunately, not. I think it was at either Brighton or more likely Hammersmith Apollo.
    I love San Francisco, but have yet to have the pleasure of seeing Goldfrapp there.
    The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ.
    Moves on: nor all thy Piety nor Wit.
    Shall lure it back to cancal half a line,
    Nor all thy Tears wash out a Word of it.
  • Maybe the deflating robot asshole was just all part of the act then?!

U R I E L
    What is done in the dark will always come to light
  • Any guesses on the next single from the clips? I haven't heard any of the clips yet (trying to hold out..) but I always like to look at the tracklist and imagine what the 2nd, 3rd singles will be.. I've heard a lot of speculation on certain tracks not sounding how their names would suggest, which intrigues further.
  • Systemagic.

I'm 100% certain, having heard it. They're trying to convey this album to the public as another upbeat romp, it seems. And that's smart — it'll generate more income and interest. They need to use this one. Without going into spoiler territory, the only tracks that are similar to one another are Anymore, Systemagic and Become The One.

Other picks that I think would certainly work as singles with videos:

Moon In Your Mouth
    Ocean (please, PLEASE let this be one of them)
    Become The One
    Faux Suede Drifter
    Post edited by Slippage at 2017-02-16 11:04:55
  • Very excited about this new era, haven't passed here for a while... iPhone version of the forum is crappy as hell by the way.
    I love the album cover (except the fact that "Goldfrapp" doesn't appear ANYMORE).

Any way to listen to the clips ? Did somebody have recorded it ? I. Just. Can't. Wait. Thanx by advance !
    Post edited by Vesper at 2017-02-16 11:53:10

• Vesper said:

Any way to listen to the clips ? Did somebody have recorded it ? I. Just. Can't. Wait. Thanx by advance !

HJ has said people can PM him for the clips
  • Thank you.
  • Slippage said:

Systemagic.

I'm 100% certain, having heard it. They're trying to convey this album to the public as another upbeat romp, it seems. And that's smart — it'll generate more income and interest. They need to use this one. Without going into spoiler territory, the only tracks that are similar to one another are Anymore, Systemagic and Become The One.

Other picks that I think would certainly work as singles with videos:

Moon In Your Mouth
    Ocean (please, PLEASE let this be one of them)
    Become The One
    Faux Suede Drifter

Interesting! I'm really looking forward to hearing Systemagic and Ocean - two of my favourite titles so far. They never seem to let me down with final tracks on their albums. I'm going to try and hold off hearing the clips.. which I'm so far finding difficult. 31st March seems so far away  :|
  • They should put out Systemagic in early March. We need another taste.
  • Jo_ey said:They should put out Systemagic in early March. We need another taste.

Agreed. Almost every artist nowadays releases
    at least two songs from their upcoming album before the official release.

• @MonsterLove Systemagic and Ocean are two of the most explosive songs on the album, in my opinion. You will not be disappointed in the slightest, particularly if you like Thea, Train, Strict Machine, Dreaming or Tiptoe.

But if you can hang in there and not cave in to the leaks, please do. It's going to be more than worth the wait.
    Post edited by Slippage at 2017-02-16 22:42:12
  • Slippage said:

@MonsterLove Systemagic and Ocean are two of the most explosive songs on the album, in my opinion. You will not be disappointed in the slightest, particularly if you like Thea, Train, Strict Machine, Dreaming or Tiptoe.

But if you can hang in there and not cave in to the leaks, please do. It's going to be more than worth the wait.

Have you heard the full songs? :)
    I had a king in a tenement castle, lately he's taken to painting the pastel walls brown. He's taken the curtains down. He's swept with the broom of contempt, and the rooms have an empty ring. He's cleaned with the tears of an actor who fears for the laughter's sting...
  • No, I haven't. I've heard a minute from each track, so the tracks could change and evolve as they go along. That being said, it feels like Systemagic in particular won't stray too far from the very radio-friendly formula it has going on. Can't say the same for Ocean, but it really is stunningly beautiful and I couldn't care less what happens as long as Alison keeps holding some long, loud notes throughout. ;)
    Post edited by Slippage at 2017-02-16 22:56:47
  • I think it would be great to release another single at the beginning of march, one that evolves and explodes. I'm always waiting for Anymore to explode, but it never happens. If systemagic is like you are all describing, it would be a great choice.

I see you are all excited by Ocean... I'm getting my hopes really high for that one ;) I need to refrain myself from listening to the clips and only listen to the full album when its available.
  • Slippage said:

@MonsterLove Systemagic and Ocean are two of the most explosive songs on the album, in my opinion. You will not be disappointed in the slightest, particularly if you like Thea, Train, Strict Machine, Dreaming or Tiptoe.

What a description! I'll hold off then. I remember when Supernature clips were added to the official website around June 2005.. and the album wasn't coming out for another 2 months.. it was hell! 

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!