Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
Silver Eye (main album thread)
  • 1576 Comments sorted by
  • Pretty picture. It moves.
    If I were dead, could I do this?
  • when i first watched it thought it was meant to represent the importance of always making sure your belt matches your shoes.... (FIRST VIEWING pre-coffee)

but then i read that it might be about turning women gay --- which is ridiculous given the fact that people typically don't TURN gay - they ARE or they AREN'T.... (then I had several coffees, the fog lifted, and;)

I read about the origins of life theory (@whispered) and I thought - OK - Alison might represent god (an alien really if you look at her outfit in the early shots) creating life on earth, then leaving and becoming (through our human interpretation of higher power) the devil - BUT - I don't know what that all means.
    Post edited by lukasgardiner at 2017-02-09 18:36:10
  • Do we have confirmation that Alison directed the video?  I hate to say it, but I really miss Lisa's eye and how lovingly and sensually she captured Alison's image.  Even in videos in which she made, essentially, a cameo, like 'Stranger', her presence felt essential.  
  • Wasted potential IMO.
    Soon be nothing of this world.
  • Looking at the video again, the baldie in the orange looks quite masculine - not worked out yet whether that is significant....
  • Are you guys just upset that there's no D in the video? Just curious. I would've liked more, longer shots of Alison myself. She's still got it :)
    Post edited by Ponygurl at 2017-02-10 00:57:57
    U R I E L
    What is done in the dark will always come to light
  • the androgyny
    pansexual
    vibe 
  • Kinda feel like they waited a bit too long on the video.  Seems like the official YT audio is going to end up with more views than the video.   
    Post edited by HorseTearz at 2017-02-10 01:15:49
  • Great location, but too little Alison.
  • So what you're saying is this is Alison Goldfrapp's guide to particle physics......
    To be set alongside Britney Spears Guide to Semiconductor Physics http://britneyspears.ac/lasers.htm :)

Not so much particle physics, more a solution to the problem of biogenesis (we all know Alison's affinity to the living world). So she works in a different faculty to Britney.  
  • iuventus said:

Pretty picture. It moves.

Dark. Bright, flickering lights! 
    The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ.
    Moves on: nor all thy Piety nor Wit.
    Shall lure it back to cancal half a line,
    Nor all thy Tears wash out a Word of it.
  • Ponygurl said:

Are you guys just upset that there's no D in the video?

There is a preponderance of V though.

Agree with the concensus here
    Too generic
    Too arty
    Too little Alison
    Too little Lisa
    Not enough Wolf Ladies or kaleidoscope mirrored images
    When in Red, not enough of A with a whip!
    The red outfit should have been leather ( or faux suede???)
    It's Goldfrapp though, so as long as she stays away from that white corrugated lampshade outfit from the HF tour...
  • Moses. Mothership. Eleusinian Mysteries. Pythia. Second Coming. Sermon on the Mount. Sinead. Prophetic. Post Apocalyptic. Persephone. Herland. Isis. Logan's Run. LSD. Shamanism. Afterlife. Androgyny. Archetypes. Aphrodite. Dreamtime. Haute Couture. Creation Myth. Vision Quest. Volcanic. Quartz. Quicksilver. Queer...
    Post edited by iuventus at 2017-02-10 18:42:06
    If I were dead, could I do this?
  • You been flicking through the Thesaurus again Iuv?

Interesting that there is no Director credit, but a DOP credit to David Bently see link below to his web site. One of his credits is Kudos/Channel 4 Humans. Edit. Confirmed he is also overall Director.
    http://stuart-bentley.co.uk
    Producers were LEZ Creative, and one of their previous works was this from Marina and the Diamonds. Not a big MATD fan but illustrates the point of including more of the actual Artiste in the Vid

Post edited by Urban_Tribesman at 2017-02-10 13:02:15
  • V is for Vesuvius. Volcanic. Virile. Virgin. Valley. Variety. Vodka? Vicodin? Vegetarian. Valentine..would you be my Vagina?

(how's that for a greeting card)
    Post edited by Ponygurl at 2017-02-10 13:07:01
    U R I E L
    What is done in the dark will always come to light

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!