Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
  • 23 Comments sorted by
  • It just needs people; normal, everyday Muslims, Christians, etc to stand up and make their views heard, 
    'You do not do this in my name'!
    The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ.
    Moves on: nor all thy Piety nor Wit.
    Shall lure it back to cancal half a line,
    Nor all thy Tears wash out a Word of it.
  • That pops up every so often. I think there was a NotInMyName hashtag for a while.
    If I were dead, could I do this?
  • Christianity went through this phase, burning heretics etc, and that was a conflict between groups that had the same God; just some differences in the small print!
    We still have sectarian violence in Ireland and there are areas of Glasgow still where being the wrong type of Christian can be 'very' dangerous for your health. Stupid really as its all bollocks!
    The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ.
    Moves on: nor all thy Piety nor Wit.
    Shall lure it back to cancal half a line,
    Nor all thy Tears wash out a Word of it.
  • This is what is so stupid about humanity and, especially, leaders summed up in a single babble.

I mean, duh!  But, no one comes up with a workable solution!  It's like saying war is bad.  Again, duh!!!  But, what is to be done to stop it from happening??!?!  The nitwits with answers are no better because the answers are always unworkable.  What a dim-witted species!  In our current state, we aren't better than animals, we're worse, and we don't even want to admit it.  Idiots!
  • I've replied to your IM WW.
    Been having this discussion with friends a lot recently, due to events unfolding in the work environment.
    More often than not, the most credible and clear-sighted, original-thinking leaders , are those that are too modest to take on the role or ( more worryingly) are prevented from doing so by the establishment(s). These days it seems you only have to have the drive and the arrogance to push to the top ( and a sycophantic personality always helps) and it doesn't matter a jot if you've no or very little experience, have no altruism or compassion for the people you have chosen to lead ( lead, not serve), and have no political knowledge which keeps you happily willing to preserve the fucked up status quo.
    Got that off my chest lol. And no names mentioned.
    In this generation in particular, self belief seems to be everything. And this has been fostered of course by technology and the media. Actual experience, ie working your way up through years of hard graft, is such an outmoded model now.
    And that is why I'm a Goldfrapp fan, among other things.
  • Yeah, sociopathy helps a lot too.

Why mention names?  Pick a leader, any leader.

Yes, many, many artists in the performing arts are freed from the insanity of positions that encourage sociopathy.

You'll shortly see why I feel I am due the ranting in the short term once you read something, Kat.
  • KatRobin said:

I've replied to your IM WW.
    Been having this discussion with friends a lot recently, due to events unfolding in the work environment.
    More often than not, the most credible and clear-sighted, original-thinking leaders , are those that are too modest to take on the role or ( more worryingly) are prevented from doing so by the establishment(s). These days it seems you only have to have the drive and the arrogance to push to the top ( and a sycophantic personality always helps) and it doesn't matter a jot if you've no or very little experience, have no altruism or compassion for the people you have chosen to lead ( lead, not serve), and have no political knowledge which keeps you happily willing to preserve the fucked up status quo.
    Got that off my chest lol. And no names mentioned.
    In this generation in particular, self belief seems to be everything. And this has been fostered of course by technology and the media. Actual experience, ie working your way up through years of hard graft, is such an outmoded model now.
    And that is why I'm a Goldfrapp fan, among other things.

This hits a nerve at a micro level - Mrs Appy has just been given notice of redundancy after 28 years service in the NHS. New regime installed with little or no experience on how to run things but with the ill conceived agenda to get rid of the old guard. It makes my blood boil thinking back to the 110% commitment she gave the Trust through hard times and now gets zero recognition for her vast knowledge of the organisation. I need to stop now before I get angry.
    What if the Hokey Cokey is what it's all about?
  • I'm sorry to hear that about M. When the district nurse visited me a few weeks ago, she said she was having to apply for her own job due to cut backs in local services. I had met her four years ago when I was caring for my mum at home, and knew then that she was brilliant at her job. It's so frustrating and it's ok to get angry I say. Vive la revolution! :-L

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!