And ever near us, though unseen,
    The dear immortal spirits tread;
    For all the boundless universe
    Is Life: --there are no dead!
    Post edited by iuventus at 2016-06-13 21:29:25
    If I were dead, could I do this?
  • Post edited by iuventus at 2016-06-14 05:59:30
  • That is a beautiful poem Iuv and it is nice that you started a memorial thread. I'm taking some comfort from assuming that PG's name is not on the list of the deceased, not that I know what her real name is. Don't know how to put into words anything that could come close to describing how I feel ( which is maybe the reason why Alison hasn't tweeted on the subject either?) . It doesn't matter whether you are part of a local gay " community" ( or any other kind that gets targeted in the name of bigotry and hate); every LGBT person will be feeling the same way right now. Every human being with a good heart and an open mind will too. My heart goes out to Ponygurl who more than likely does know people among the victims and must be traumatised that this has happened in her home town. Sending her all my thoughts and hugs - I really hope we hear from her soon.
  • No, she's not on the list.  You're right, Kat, it should be every human being should be shocked.  Maybe the point is to distinguish between humans and animals.  Of course, the other side of it is that every human being should be shocked by the nearly continuous  mass murders perpetrated in the U.S.  It has been accelerating for half a century.  We really are not sentient or sapient, at least as a species.  Maybe some very rare individuals.
  • Of the 53 shot and not killed at the scene, there are six victims still in critical condition. Some others have been released.
  • As a wise man once said, 'admitting to saying a prayer for people is just saying that you have no idea how to help'
    All we can do is keep them in our thoughts.  Heard this today, which seemed strangely apt.
    Post edited by Urban_Tribesman at 2016-06-15 08:27:30
    The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ.
    Moves on: nor all thy Piety nor Wit.
    Shall lure it back to cancal half a line,
    Nor all thy Tears wash out a Word of it.
  • People and their damned agendas.

I'm telling you, religion and the practice of "shoving our ways" in people's faces to piss them off and claim "this is what's right since it was right for me" will be our downfall - and this isn't an attempt to be insulting, but rather to express honesty.

Anyone else think this guy was a closeted man who was swayed by Isis propaganda manipulating Muslim ideology to do these things? Could very well be the case, methinks (though I've been wrong before).

I agree with UT - all we can do is keep them in our thoughts. This world feels as if it's crumbling to pieces at an increasingly alarming rate. Quite sad.
    Post edited by Slippage at 2016-06-16 12:19:07
  • Oh, Slippage, I thought you were talking about UT.
  • Ha ha!!!
  • Ps....it's not just Ponygurl I'm worried about...where is everyone else on this forum at the mo?!
  • Kat, don't tell me you've just noticed that it has been steadily emptying?  Even A_is_A hasn't been around for quite awhile.
  • They'll be back when the next album's released. Of course, I wouldn't be on here as much if I weren't convalescing at the mo, but have checked in most days over the past three years or so? Funny thing is I can waffle on here ( yawn) but I can't stand small talk in real life. I don't do it, I'm very quiet.
  • Just heard from Ponygurl.  She's okay but it sounds like she's not ready to come on here for awhile.  She appreciates all of the concern from everyone, though.  I won't try to interpret what's she's going through or thinking about.  She just needs a break, I guess.

Interesting, Kat.  When you put it that way, it's kind of interesting.  I don't much tolerate small talk usually, either.  Isn't that strange.
  • Oh, Slippage, I thought you were talking about UT.

Ha!

Nope - sorry to disappoint? ;)

• I'm not in the closet, or any other confined space come to that.
    Good to hear @PG is ok. Respect !
    The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ.
    Moves on: nor all thy Piety nor Wit.
    Shall lure it back to cancal half a line,
    Nor all thy Tears wash out a Word of it.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!