Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
  • 32 Comments sorted by
  • It's a percuiler Britsh condition to assume any man who does not marry is in the closet.

In the US also. I think it's a way to distract attention from all the married men who are in the closet.

Of course, shimmery green jumpsuits don't help.

Post edited by iuventus at 2016-06-04 15:17:14
    If I were dead, could I do this?
  • ...@Appy61 & @Urban_Tribesman

You know you would.
  • iuventus said:

You know you would.

Indeed!

My favourite Blondie track

What if the Hokey Cokey is what it's all about?
  • ...@iuventus
    The British Elvis.
    Hank Marvin, on the right playing the Fender Stratocaster, is the spit of Mrs T's uncle Ian.
    The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ.
    Moves on: nor all thy Piety nor Wit.
    Shall lure it back to cancal half a line,
    Nor all thy Tears wash out a Word of it.
  • "The" Ian Tribesman?
  • Nah, she only became Tribesman when we got married. Before it was Spurr (True!) He's 'The' Ian Kerr.
    My favourite Blondie track??
    The juries out

You decide !
  • It's a toughie between Atomic and Rapture for me. It's a bit like deciding between olives stuffed with pimento or garlic tho. Who cares? both!
  • I think Fade Away and Radiate shows a more complex Blondie. More considered and thoughtful.
    Atomic is a cracker though! The use of the pedal in the centre section and into the middle 8 where Debbie's voice ascends over the static bass pattern is just fantastic.
    Same technique as in SOS by ABBA only the music ascends over the static vocal pattern.
  • Gosh, you know your onions UT. ^:)^
  • Actually, where the static element is not the bass, but say the vocal, as in SOS, it is called an inverted pedal.
    Then again, I know little about Sex Education apart from what I learned behind some bike sheds !
    So :-bd yourself !
  • There's always more to learn in sex ed UT....more depravity appears year on year so I don't claim to know everything that's for sure, and God, there's a lot of stuff I wish I didn't know about.
    I've always analysed music by ripping it into its constituent bits when I'm listening to it, but don't have the knowledge or the language to describe the elements. It would be fascinating to listen to a Frapp album with you and you could make onion soup of it for me.
  • ...@KatRobin

Thinking of you. Quite by accident, of course.

Post edited by iuventus at 2016-08-16 01:07:15
  • Wrong thread maybe, but thanks Iuv! I'd much sooner see a llama in its natural surroundings...or in my back garden....or trotting around our house! :x
  • Right thread. You're welcome.

And that is its natural environment.
  • Yeah I know that lol!! Maybe we're at cross purposes...look at the llama thread and you'll get it. Stick a llama in any thread, any time I say.
    I hope that on the next tour, Alison will make all my fantasies come true and ride onto the stage on one. Let's not go into that any deeper.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!