Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
  • 769 Comments sorted by
  • Eemy deeny!
    If I were dead, could I do this?
  • Note the chunky gardening gloves lol. So we took them to a quiet village churchyard not too far away, the village that has the white peacocks residing Ive mentioned before. They were squawking eerily when I let my little friends go.image
    By the time I returned to the car I was in tears, silly old cow that I am. Bon voyage little prickly pals! Good Slug Hunting!
  • How do we get more hogs in Essex Kat? Not much sign of the little critters here except Appy has one living in his garden, but just the one.
    The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ.
    Moves on: nor all thy Piety nor Wit.
    Shall lure it back to cancal half a line,
    Nor all thy Tears wash out a Word of it.
  • My advice would be to seek out any local hoggy hospitals in your area and ask if they have any that are due to be released. If they have, given that there’s one at least in your locality, then they might let you have the pleasure. Or contact Hedgehog Street online. Or let me know if you’re down my neck of the woods and I’m sure I can pimp one for you !
  • Our pair of ducks are getting ridiculously tame and cheeky, esp the female. They wait on the front door step each evening at 7 pm, if not both together then separately. She has tried to waddle into the house a couple of times! No sign of ducklings yet, probably because she’s waiting for the weather to improve. Apparently when she’s laid eggs the Drake goes back to the river and leaves her alone until the ducklings have matured, then she goes to the river to reunite with him. How sweet is that. I also read that the average life span of a mallard is about 3 -5 years but some live a lot longer; one was even recorded that lived to be 27! A mallard only lives half of its potential life span if it doesn’t find and pair with a mate. Awww.
  • I took some pretty good photos of the animals at the zoo the other day (if I do say so myself). I had my llama fix and got to tickle a llama on the neck for ages. (S)he was crooning to me - not sure if that's llama speak for mutual appreciation or a pre-spit warning but I escaped phlegm-free lol. Im particularly chuffed with the eagle photo, shame about the booger on his beak!image
  • Nice photo of the Eagle Kat. What camera are you using?
  • I seem to remember that time in Greenwich that we discovered we both had the same camera? Or myself and Mrs UT did ( like the car!). It’s a common or garden LUMIX but gives great results.
  • Both Mrs UT and I use a LUMIX, mine is a slightly newer model with an electronic viewfinder as well as the rear screen.
    I also use a Nikon SLR when I can be bothered to cart it about. I have both here in Sri Lanka and will divulge all in due course.
  • This was taken with the same camera as you Kat, a LUMIX DMC TZ60.
    Young Monkey outside Dambulla caves, Sri Lanka.

• I could quip about it being a great camera for selfies but wouldn't be that OBVIOUS! Are you back from your travels now then? Keep going away like that and the tories might have you deported for being  illegal immigrants on your return lol.
  • No, still in Sri Lanka at Galle. We booked a private villa for a couple of days. We currently have staff!
    It sleeps 6 as our friends in Colombo were supposed to come down with us but one of them was ill so stayed in Colombo.
    Going back to Colombo on a train today. We came down 2nd class and the carriages were rammed with people, but the 70 mile journey cost 90p. Learnt our lesson and going back first class with reserved seat, the princely sum of £4 !
    Network rail eat your heart out!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!