Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
Record Store Day Special - Felt Mountain Coloured Vinyl
  • 129 Comments sorted by
  • cant see it listed in the UK RSD list, maybe a USA only RSD release?
  • it's official in the U.S. i checked the list at the neighborhood participating store and told them DON'T DISAPPOINT ME...i'll be there at 5 am
  • Not on the Dutch RSD list :-(
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    "I think it is our job to dream"
  • RSD first release means it'll be put out for general release afterwards, I think, so no need for panic buying. Wish they'd done BC instead since its the only one not on 180g
  • I'm assuming the colored vinyl is Gold??
    LOVE tasted CRITICAL
  • A_is_A said:

I'm assuming the colored vinyl is Gold??

colour me intrigued.... ;)
  • Had more chat with my Mute friend today. They did not even know this was going to be a Record Store day release. The back catalogue before HF is still retained by EMI and is coming out under BMG rights management. It is indeed a USA release and is restricted to 3,200 copies.
    I am in the USA on RSD so I am trying to set myself up with a copy. 3,200 copies though, this will be a toughie!
    One piece of luck. When researching this, I lucked onto an original FM advertising poster 'debut album now available' . £10. Let's hope the quest for the vinyl FM is as bountiful.
    The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ.
    Moves on: nor all thy Piety nor Wit.
    Shall lure it back to cancal half a line,
    Nor all thy Tears wash out a Word of it.
  • I am in the USA on RSD...

Please, tell me...!
    If I were dead, could I do this?
  • I want this thing too, whatever color it is.
    LOVE tasted CRITICAL
  • A_is_A said:

I want this thing too, whatever color it is.

hahahahahaha
  • On the one hand I'm glad because I probably wouldn't be able to get it anyway, but on the other I'm kind of peeved at it being U.S only.

• iuventus said:

I am in the USA on RSD...

Please, tell me...!

Back in your pants Iuv. Unfortunately, we are not down your way this time but that would have been a blast! We do intend to come back your way as we still want to do the old Tuscon studios as it was closed the last time we visited.
    We fly into Seattle for a couple of days, then out to Hawaii then back to San Francisco for a few days.
    Any Seattle, Hawaiian or San Francisco Frappers?
    Post edited by Urban_Tribesman at 2015-03-12 19:08:33
  • Had yet another email chat with my new friend 'Mute' today. About the re-release of the early albums on vinyl, he ( I assume) said:
    'i see that the RSD release of felt mountain is in america, hence us not knowing about it.
    we said they are coming, because they are, we just don't know any exact details, just that BMG is working on it, i would expect a release outside of RSD in the rest of the world a few months later, it's likely not a co-ordinated worldwide release due to the shortage of vinyl pressing plants right now.

hope that helps
    best
    mute'
    So, patience kids. If the RSD release of FM is a bust, then another opportunity is being promised. I think this plan includes BC @Rewak. Yeh !
  • We do intend to come back your way as we still want to do the old Tuscon studios as it was closed the last time we visited.

The month preceding Hallowe'en is loads of fun.

http://nightfallaz.com/
    If I were dead, could I do this?

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!