Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
Invitations - working but max of 5 each
  • 49 Comments sorted by
  • ^ Great!! Thank you Xx
    Post edited by A_is_A at 2015-03-26 01:52:50
    LOVE tasted CRITICAL
  • Hi @deermoderator
    I am trying to get a new person onto the forum, but when I send the invite, the box come back with

'Although the invitation was created successfully, the email failed to send. The server reported the following error: Could not instantiate mail function.' It is all in a red box.

If you are still grazing nearby, could you help as we need new blood !

The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ.
    Moves on: nor all thy Piety nor Wit.
    Shall lure it back to cancal half a line,
    Nor all thy Tears wash out a Word of it.
  • The server reported the following error: Could not instantiate mail function.'

I take the needle off the Technics and put it in my vein
  • Tut, tut!
    What will a magical being such as @deermoderator make of that ?
    Are you suggesting the forum is having performance issues? Some say it has been half lob for some time !
  • I had the same problem- it kept asking for some invitation code. I guess the average Jo cant join on here? Are we the special people? :)
  • It is that invitation code I am trying to send Serenity. You can all invite people onto the forum from your home page. Just click your user name in the top banner below Alison's face and disembodied hand !!
    Interesting to know if everybody else is having the same problem at the moment.
  • I am also having the same issue UT, as if being relied upon to bring new members in isn't already a bit of a fiddle to begin with.  They really ought to drop the invitation malarky so that there's more dynamics going on.
    Soon be nothing of this world.
  • The problem, Gaelen, is that the place was getting plastered with spam when there were no invitations.
  • I still cant understand why we didn't use one of those Captcha things. That would have dealt with the spam issue and still allowed us to be open to new members.
  • Mmmm, not sure that works so well.  If a human does the initial sign up and, then, let's the computer spam over and over, again...?  That is the point of knowing someone, I think.
  • I'm a member of quite a few other forums, one in particular for a decade, and they never seem to have issues with spam thanks to a good registration process (where you have to be approved), captcha, and also a solid moderation team.  It's really only HJ that's running this place at the moment, so i'd blame the admins for the spamming in the first place because it could have been executed differently.
    Soon be nothing of this world.
  • Do we dare open the floodgates for just a little while to see how it goes?

• Gaelen said:

I'm a member of quite a few other forums, one in particular for a decade, and they never seem to have issues with spam thanks to a good registration process (where you have to be approved), captcha, and also a solid moderation team.  It's really only HJ that's running this place at the moment, so i'd blame the admins for the spamming in the first place because it could have been executed differently.

Makes sense to me.  The admins have never given a flip about this board.
  • Invitations still appear to be screwed !
    @Halloween_Jack.  Have you seen any of my emails about this issue?

• Invitations are NOT working; sent 2 yesterday.  keep getting an error message
    "The time will come when men such as I will look upon the murder of animals as they now look on the murder of men." - Leonardo da Vinci

FACEBOOK - https://www.facebook.com/howard.trigg
    INSTAGRAM - https://www.instagram.com/howiet1971/

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!