Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
  • Thought I'd begin a new thread where we could share or link to heartwarming and uplifting stories and images , or get philosophical about life, the universe....I've already shared one story in the Soothe Me thread....
    In the last few days my adorable Yorkie / KC Spaniel has developed mobility problems caused by severe arthritis in her back legs and is struggling to walk more than a few steps. I'm desperately hoping she responds to medication quickly. Her closest companion, my border terrier, is obviously concerned too. A friend put me on to a wonderful tale on the internet about a rear- paralysed BT who uses wheels to get about and it is such a heartwarming video, you must watch! It's on YouTube, under Benson The Border Terrrier. I believe he has Twitter followers too!
    I'm trying to remain positive...
    Maybe I should've named this thread Hopeful Tales Of Us?
    Post edited by KatRobin at 2014-06-15 16:14:32
  • 5 Comments sorted by
  • Hi Kat - our border collie, Willow, has a similar issue and we took her for a course of laser treatment - I can't say it's a miracle but she has gain a massive amount mobility back. Ask your vet - it's not what you'd call cheap, £80 for a course of 6 but it does make a difference.
    What if the Hokey Cokey is what it's all about?
  • Thanks Appy, I will be taking her back again this week.
    Admin- sorry for putting this thread in the wrong category. I don't know how to move it to Off Topic. Sorry x
  • I'll start by answering your question.  If you edit your original post, right at the top it gives you the choice of topic.

So, I don't know if my story is exactly uplifting but I'll go with hopeful...maybe.  First you need to know a little history.  I smoked for about 40 years and quit about five years ago and I have had back problems all of my life due to a couple of incidents.  It was so bad that I had a dislocated collarbone and didn't even reallize it.  I started working on the back about fifteen years ago (and just, altogether, my physical health), mostly with Tai Chi and walkng an insane amount.  So, I had fixed it quite a bit, including fixing the dislocation purely through Tai Chi exercise.  With all of that, I just couldn't quite get the back into completely proper shape.  I could go into a alot of tecnical detail but, in general, the right-hand side just wasn't quite right and I was running out of ways to fix it any further.  When I started, I couldn't hardly sit at the piano, for example, for more than a handful of minutes without being in agony.  I got to the point where I could sit at the piano for a couple of hours but it was still terribly painful by the time I finished.  So, being an ex-smoker without a lot of willpower, I occasionally smoke a cigarette and it knocks me right on my ass every time.  Literally, sometimes.  So, I'm outside smoking a cigarette and do exactly what I know better than to do.  Bend over.  The blood rushes to my head and I lose my balance.  So, that is exactly what happened and I fall on my back on my right-hand side and it knocks my ribs in such a way that it straightens out that final little kink that I couldnt' get out of my back.  My back is now in just about perfect shape.  Now, there are no problems at all with the back.  I can sit a the piano for hours without end without a single twinge to the back.  So, that is what I call a Serendipitous event.  A fortunate accident that, when enough of them happen to you, you start to have a hard time giving it all up to coincidence.  Especially when one of them is as dumb a falling on your back to fix it rather than damage it further.
  • I'm really pleased to hear it Whickwithy :)
  • I'm still not sure it even fits the hopeful category.  Strange is more like it.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!