Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
The Knife support Pussy Riot at Pukkelpop in 2013 with bouncing & Goldfrapp. Er, what?
  • Completely missed this until now and heard it completely by accident - a clip of The Knife doing their thing at Pukkelpop last year with a segment supporting Pussy Riot via the use of bouncing.......to a Goldfrapp soundtrack.

Yeah. Exactly.

Did a search on here and couldn't see it mentioned so, bookmarked to the part of the clip:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=JLljb7MuR74#t=320
    A million fires before your harvest comes. To burn out.
    Wear the mask of a heathen. For the moon's lonely eyes.
  • 6 Comments sorted by
  • That was interesting in a good way, I liked the call to protest sadly lacking in current music
    :-bd
    It's a re-creation
    Again I live another life
    My imagination
    Can't cross the borderline
  • Liked the length of the thread title Carpy. A bit of dedication there.
    The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ.
    Moves on: nor all thy Piety nor Wit.
    Shall lure it back to cancal half a line,
    Nor all thy Tears wash out a Word of it.
  • Liked the length of the thread title Carpy. A bit of dedication there.

I tried to sum up the rather bizarre combination in a few less words but it really didn't do it justice! ;)
    A million fires before your harvest comes. To burn out.
    Wear the mask of a heathen. For the moon's lonely eyes.
  • I went to see The Knife at the last Electric Picnic in Ireland and the opening 'Aerobics' part of the show Goldfrapp's Train was the song they used! Which baffles me as Shaking the Habitual has such a dry musical sound unlike Goldfrapp, didn't think it suited at all unfortunately :(
  • I was at Electric Picnic as well and The Knife's show was simply jaw dropping. Totally unexpected, given the nature of Shaking the Habitual, but I found that the whole thing was so warm, energising and disarming, it'll remain long in the memory.
  • i just watched this, its great. the comments section is awful though. when will i learn not to read them?!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!