Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
Glasgow Royal Concert Hall - 04/04/2014
  • 29 Comments sorted by
  • I saw that & have my doubts especially as Angie mentioned 9pm on her FB page. I should be there before 8.30 just in case.
  • Go there early! We Were Evergreen are pretty good :)
    Formerly known as alex_t.
  • Have seen the stage times. It is an 8.30 start but it says 10.15 finish. Given that previous gigs were only 80-90 minutes, I'll be heading off hoping that we get more songs. Unlikely, but a tantalising prospect.
  • I think previous gigs were closer to 100 minutes?
    Formerly known as alex_t.
  • Really?? The gig I went to seemed to last forever...
    Mysterious how adrenaline also can slow down time when you're having fun!
  • Jo
    Drew
    Stranger
    Alvar
    Annabel
    Clay
    Yellow Halo
    Little Bird
    You Never Know
    Thea
    Number 1
    Ride A White Horse
    Train
    ---
    Utopia
    Clowns
    Lovely Head
    Strict Machine

The camera flash situation was out of control tonight, and of course sods law dictates that this trumped up security bitch singled me out for not using the flash! I think the look i gave her conveyed pretty well that she needed to get far away from me or she was going over the balcony. Furious, nothing pisses me off more than power mad security twats. I did at least see some on the other side of the hall doing their jobs properly, but there was no controlling it tonight.

That run in kinda fucked my attention for the first part of the gig but i snapped back around Annabel, got put to sleep by Little Bird (even Alison had enough of it and went off stage), then woke up again for You Never Know. Alison was quite chatty which is always nice to see/hear, said she had a cold but sounded on form to me. Someone gave her a present at the end of the show which she seemed very happy to recieve (if her tweet is anything to go by it was a little brass whippet). It was a good show but felt short although it was a 90 minute set, strange how that goes. I'm pretty sure i spotted Lisa sitting beside the sound desk. I think i saw Kieth too (yellow 7T stag shirt right?) but didn't run into him or anyone else, everyone from here seemed to be down in the main arena, i was up in the balconies. At least you weren't the only one up for N1 this time eh? ;)
    Post edited by rewak at 2014-04-04 19:28:16
  • Oh wow- what an amazing experience. My first Goldfrapp gig and thanks to Alex f and being able to meet UltraUk, I was lucky enough to be in the front row and my friend was in the third row. Fantastic!
    Once Alison asked folk to stand up the place came more alive and the crowd reactions were joyous. Lots of shouting, whooping and general Glasgow banter! Alison seemed really moved by the reaction.
    I managed to take a few photos and was only asked once by security to stop. Most of them didn't bother but this one woman - perhaps the same 'delight' who rewak saw- was quite stern. What do they think we're going to do with them? Pointless attitude in this day and age. Loads of people were taking photos. The guys near me appeared to leave their phone on the floor recording the audio the whole night!
    Anyway, such a brilliant night- still buzzing.
    (i'd put a photo on but not sure how to do it)
  • Absolutely stupendous.

My third gig in the past week & the quality of the performance (and the sound) never wavers. A good seat in the third row and amazingly the one in front of somebody I've been conversing with on Twitter. Yes, Rewak, I was wearing the 7T t-shirt. Didn't see anyone else wearing one. Met Ultrauk beforehand, conspicuous in his ToU t-shirt from the autumn tour (so jealous of that!)

Yes, the amount of flash photography at the beginning was ludicrous as were some of the yelps and comments, but it settled down - the crowd appropriately enthralled.

Alison mentioned that she & the band had a bit of a cold but it wasn't detectable in her voice. All the songs got the delivery they deserved and 'Stranger' was the one I found most affecting tonight. Saying that, 'Yellow Halo' was wonderful & despite what Rewak says, 'Little Bird' was superb.

Just before 'Number 1', Alison said something like 'if you feel like standing up, we'd welcome that. Helps us feel more relaxed'. No further bidding needed, I got up and indeed, so did everyone else as the song started. And stayed standing for the rest of the performance, even 'Utopia', 'Clowns' & 'Lovely Head'.

Speaking of the latter, Alison said something I didn't catch followed by 'he was very handsome' & 'but you know how it goes'. Someone from her past who inspired the song, I daresay.

Once everyone was standing, the gig just took off. A storming 'RAWH' and a pulsating 'Train' had everybody dancing, as did 'Strict Machine'. Were we appreciative. There was a rapturous ovation at the end and Alison and the band lingered a good few minutes savouring the acclaim.

Lisa has tweeted: 'Glasgow - what an audience! God Bless The Scottish' and Alison has tweeted 'Oh Glasgow, you were absolutely bloody lovely. So warm, generous and Fun. Thank you for treating us so well'. Lets call it a mutual love-in!

Tonight will linger long in the memory & keep me going until the next Goldfrapp gig, whenever that may be.
  • OMG ... Don't know what to say.Still buzzing! This disco train wasn't stopping at tonight's gig. From Birmingham to here. By far the best show & crowd. The show was flawless. Great venue. Small & a bonus.Sat in the 2nd row almost dead centre. :) From the moment Alison walked on stage she had the crowd in her hands. The cheers before she even spoke summed it up. This was gonna be one hell of a show & it didn't disappoint. :) The only thing that pissed me off was the amount of flash photography. It's probably the most relaxed show that I've seen Alison do. She was totally chilled. Chatty with no uncomfortable silences. Gigs like these are good where there are no security barriers on the main floor & u can dance & literally touch the stage. Great to see Keith again. Thank you for taking us out for a drink after on your home turf. :) Always a pleasure to bump into Giancarlo. :) Jacu lovely to meet u both even tho it was brief & glad u both enjoyed the gig :) Until the next time..... Thanks to everyone for a amazing tour :) Next stop Glastonbury !! :) :)
    Post edited by Ultrauk at 2014-04-04 20:58:14
    Music Junkie
  • Pete. There are Glasgow pubs where you can sit and chat or listen to good music and there's nobody having a fight outside. Sorry I didn't take you to one! Will do better in future :)
  • Pete. There are Glasgow pubs where you can sit and chat or listen to good music and there's nobody having a fight outside. Sorry I didn't take you to one! Will do better in future :)

It was totally cool. See u next time. I'm deffo coming back to Scotland judging by tonight's performance. :)
    Music Junkie
  • wonderful audience, among the best ever seen and fantastic gig, the best of this tour !
    Lovely to have a drink with Pete, his friend and Keith, outside the pubs there was everything, police, fights, ahahaha, even a girl eight foot tall:

many thanks to Keith for the pic !

Post edited by Giancarlo at 2014-04-09 13:29:01
  • love this little vine from glasgow gig... https://vine.co/v/Mi1PZLVbMnO
  • nice!!! :)

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!