Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
  • Dear everyone!
    I know I'm not the most popular board member (yeah I'm kind of a weirdo) but I want to take a small moment to wish all of you a wicked 2014. I know many of you, who were so open and honest on these boards about the demons you all battle, can use a break. You are brave warriors. I have a great deal of respect for you and I strongly feel you deserve better: so these new year's wishes are especially for you. Keep your heads up, ride the storms, be brave, never give up and you WILL rise majestically. I know you will. Let 2014 bring you light and love.
    *big hug from the weirdo*
    X
    Post edited by Stranger at 2014-01-01 19:17:33
    “Beware of artists. They mix with all classes of society and are therefore most dangerous." — Queen Victoria
  • 14 Comments sorted by
  • Well, I'd rather be weird than boring. Besides, didn't the English coin the term eccentrics? That's what we are here, just a curious bunch. Wishing everybody a good New Year. It's gonna get better, because we'll make it so. Looking forward to the possibility of catching another live show in the U.S. in the mean time living vicariously thru all the friendly and funny U.K. Fans.
    All the best Xx
    -M
    LOVE tasted CRITICAL
  • Eccentric- adj. Adjective

This descriptive word usually describes a person of Cuban descent. He, but usually she, has an unusual fascination with facial hair. Wearing unconventional hats may be considered the norm. Wild flights of fancy and daydreaming about British songstress Alison Goldfrapp may abound and also confound this individual. Many Eccentrics have been observed living within and around Miami. It has not yet been established why this is the preferred habitat. Though normally gentle, sometimes the eccentric may become "agitated". The only way to soothe this state, is to softly hum the song Rhiannon..to which the eccentric may hum along with you. Eating cake may intensify eccentric behavior...or at least that's the rumor. Oddly enough, Eccentrics tend to be nearsighted..often requiring a stylish pair of glasses.

Happy New Year M ;) ...wishing Health, Wealth and Happiness to all my fellow Frappsters!!! xXx....O
    U R I E L
    What is done in the dark will always come to light
  • And may 2014 bring all Frappsters everything Santa didn't! xXx

• The ALIWILL(p) scale is an industry accepted standard for the eccentricity
    and  tolerances of a member. It was developed by the Frapp Member
    Engineering Committee (FMEC) of the Universal Frapp Federation (UFF).

There are five classes from largest to smallest tolerances: 1, 3, 5, 7,
    and 9. The higher ALIWILL(p) classes provide better precision,
    efficiency, and greater speed capabilities, but do not necessarily make
    the components spin faster.

The ALIWILL(p) rating does not specify many other critical factors, such
    as smoothness of the rolling contact surfaces, ball precision or quality/type of lubrication used.

Members not conforming to at least ALIWILL(p) 1 cannot be classified as precision members as their tolerances are too loose.

High ratIings are suitable for precision applications like poetry, love, war and surgery. Lower grades are intended for the vast majority of applications
    such as  hobby applications
    and industrial machinery. High ALIWILL(p) ratings allow optimal
    performance of critical applications requiring very high risk and smooth
    operation.

Post edited by whisperit at 2014-01-03 05:14:54
  • Happy 2014, creatures.
  • A happy llama tampering New Year work dodgers.
    "Read my posts and see why we`re not allowed nice things anymore"
    photo 5a6eb769-bc12-4596-bbe8-709fc2bb0d5e.jpg
    "Brought to you straight from the People`s Republic of There`s Something Wrong With You . The Hoi Polloi Capital of the World"
  • Yeah happy 2014. And nobody is a weirdo. We are all different people.
    JAMIE CARRAGHER= LEGEND
  • ^ I'm not!
  • ^ excuse me but if it's not too personal... Are you a virgin?
  • See, you guys are hilarious! AND sweet.
    Post edited by A_is_A at 2014-01-02 20:29:53
    LOVE tasted CRITICAL
  • Well, since I already said happy new year, Akemashite omedeto gozaimasu to all us whackos.
  • And may 2014 bring all Frappsters everything Santa didn't! xXx

its already happening!
    today i got a broken toe!
    for me!
    to keep!

There are two versions of how this came about:

1. I was woken int he small hours of the night by the combined  noise of the storm and one of the cats fighting in the garden and decided to go out to sort things out. In this version, I chose not to take a torch as I believed that wonky-walking around the garden in the pitch dark would be the ideal way to hone my echolocation skills. I also decided to go barefoot as shoes are for wimps. Once outside, I allegedly decided to speed-hop towards the sound of the catfight, and smashed my foot into the treestump that has occupied the centre of the lawn for the past three years.

Alternatively,

2. The toe fairies decided to amputate the middle digit of my left foot in the night, substituting a large, ripe plum in its place.

The doctors favour version 1. Me, I'm going with version 2, because if version 1 was correct, it would mean that I was a TOTAL F*CKING IDIOT, wouldn't it?
    Post edited by whisperit at 2014-01-03 10:17:26
  • whisperit said:

The doctors favour version 1. Me, I'm going with version 2, because if version 1 was correct, it would mean that I was ATOTAL F*CKING IDIOT, wouldn't it?

With Version 1 , you keep your "Man Points" though - run with it , just embellish with yodelling with pain  , cue story of how I eneded up in hospital for two weeks after smashing my bike up as I was staring at two young ladies at a bus stop/not looking where I was going (my version 1 and its implied conclusions :) ).
    Post edited by Sartori at 2014-01-03 09:28:05
    "Read my posts and see why we`re not allowed nice things anymore"
    photo 5a6eb769-bc12-4596-bbe8-709fc2bb0d5e.jpg
    "Brought to you straight from the People`s Republic of There`s Something Wrong With You . The Hoi Polloi Capital of the World"
  • Sartori said:

With Version 1 , you keep your "Man Points" though - run with it

This! :-)
    “Beware of artists. They mix with all classes of society and are therefore most dangerous." — Queen Victoria

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!