Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
  • 66 Comments sorted by
  • It reminds me of a grown up Laurel
  • Estoy de accuerdo, Luís. For a moment, I thought I heard Laurel swimming in the background.
    If I were dead, could I do this?
  • I know right! I think it fits between Laurel and Clay, but I agree the album is perfect as it is.
  • I want to hear it! :(
    I had a king in a tenement castle, lately he's taken to painting the pastel walls brown. He's taken the curtains down. He's swept with the broom of contempt, and the rooms have an empty ring. He's cleaned with the tears of an actor who fears for the laughter's sting...
  • You haven't received yours yet, Joey?
  • iuventus said:

You haven't received yours yet, Joey?

I live in Texas. :(
    I had a king in a tenement castle, lately he's taken to painting the pastel walls brown. He's taken the curtains down. He's swept with the broom of contempt, and the rooms have an empty ring. He's cleaned with the tears of an actor who fears for the laughter's sting...
  • Joey said:

Oh, it's probably not allowed there.
  • Ooh, got the boxset today, going to give Lee a listen in a while :)
  • Is it an instrumental?
  • iuventus said:

Joey said:

Oh, it's probably not allowed there.

hahahahahahahaha
  • No Pineapple it has lyrics and I am pretty much convinced that it is about Philomena Lee.
  • It has lovely vocals, definitely not an instrumental, They are slightly filtered and really sound like a lullaby. Mainly acoustic guitar, Piano and lovely cinematic strings (like the rest of TOU), there's a slighly dark tone, although not as dark as say Laurel. I Prefer it to a few songs that actually made the album.

Btw the Moog remix of Stranger is almost like an instrumental (with Alison's la la la's of course) version of felt mountain(song) and Lovely heads whistling :)
  • Can anyone put Lee on Youtube so those of us who couldn't buy the deluxe version can at least hear it?
  • I've actually just seen it it online now, pretty easy to find if you know how to look for these things, but obviously I'm not gonna post the link. Bound to happen, I'm just glad I got my box set before someone leaked them.
  • No Pineapple it has lyrics and I am pretty much convinced that it is about Philomena Lee.

According to Alison, it is Alvar that is inspired partly by the story of Philomena Lee.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!