Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
  • 44 Comments sorted by
  • Jasmine tea, anyone?

Wish I even liked that, never mind love it, but I just can't get a taste for it at all :(
    A million fires before your harvest comes. To burn out.
    Wear the mask of a heathen. For the moon's lonely eyes.
  • I love the aroma of freshly cut Jasmine, but the tea is just putrid. I don't know why, as, in addition to fine Chinese teas, I enjoy many a tasty tisane.
    If I were dead, could I do this?
  • iuventus said:

I love the aroma of freshly cut Jasmine, but the tea is just putrid. I don't know why, as, in addition to fine Chinese teas, I enjoy many a tasty tisane.

I think, for me, it's just too floral. That's kinda the point, I know, but probably also the reason I just don't get on with it.
  • I think, for me, it's just too floral. That's kinda the point, I know, but probably also the reason I just don't get on with it.

You know, some of the esters that give plants/flowers their aromas are the very compounds that lend the same to feces.

• Apple & cinnamon tea. Even the smell alone is a perfect way to start a day.
  • thathurt said:

Is there anywhere in England that does chi TEA? :
    A cafe I mean? Every single time I ask for one they ask if I mean chi late. FFS if I want a late ill ask for one. I found a cafe I think on Oldham st in manchester that can cope with my obscure demand and thats it.

If you're ever in London, try the London Review of Books bookshop cafe and cake shop, on Bury Place, near the British museum. They do excellent chai. And cake.
    Post edited by whisperit at 2013-07-11 04:54:22
  • Apple & cinnamon tea. Even the smell alone is a perfect way to start a day.

Now, that sounds like a fine tea. 

I don't know, maybe it was just the day or maybe the make but I loved it the one time I had jasmine tea and I don't usually like floral teas.  Hmmm, I wasn't even drinking liquor that day, so that can't be it.
    Post edited by Whickwithy at 2013-07-11 08:17:21
  • If you're looking for a decent decaff tea, typhoo is the best.
  • You can decaffeinate your finest teas by covering them with water of the appropriate temperature for 30 seconds and straining before beginning the actual brewing process. High quality leaves can be used 3-7 times anyhow. Most of the caffeine is extracted in the first pot.
  • Enjoying a strong brewed Russian Caravan with all the punch of a grumpy Provodnik on the Trans-Siberian. So much flavor!
  • Here's an idea:

The GMB Tea Club's 1st Annual Brew Up.

Those of us at the Mitre each bring some tea and swap it about for having brews while there!

If you're staying there and want to join in then just bring some and we'll see what happens.
  • Harumph!
  • i saw this, and thought of you lot :)

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!