Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
  • Another continuation of a popular thread (discussion?) on the old board.

I'm a bit of a tea newbie, but these are what I've tried in the last few months:

• Twinings Green tea: 8/10 far better than the supermarket "own brands" though I think some find it a little too bitter? Relatively cheap
    • Teapigs Chocolate tea: 4/10 not keen, I'd rather have proper Hot choc (or more trad herbal tea)
    • Teapigs Liquorice & peppermint: 9/10: gives an actual "hit" (unfortunately, can increase blood pressure - so I avoid)
    • Teapigs Peppermint leaves: 8/10 almost as nice as the above
    • Teapigs Chamomile flowers: 3/10 old ladies or people who wear lavender perfume might like it
    • Teapigs Rooibos: 7/10 an acquired taste but I, for one, am a fan (smells a bit like 1970s outhouses)
    • Teapigs Lemon grass: 7/10 the "temples" (no mere teabags here) have actual plant-life in them - far better than juice- or powder-based lemon drinks

The Teapigs ones cost me between £3.50 and £4.50 per pack of 15 temples (each can make 2 mugs) but they are (mostly) worth it IMO

Post edited by Halloween_Jack at 2013-06-28 18:11:26
  • 44 Comments sorted by
  • Teapigs are good, effing expensive though.

At the minute I'm drinking Dragonfly Honeybush tea, it's a subtle sweet honey taste and quite calming also feels nice round the mouth....I know what I mean :p

Also had a go with pukka's version of liquorice and peppermint but no way near the standard of teapigs.

• Teapigs Liquorice & peppermint: 9/10: gives an actual "hit" (unfortunately, can increase blood pressure - so I avoid)

This is lovely however as you both say they are rather pricey so tend to ration myself...have to keep the menagerie fed so my needs go on the back burner.
    '' Sometimes I think I've felt everything I'm ever going to feel and from here on out I'm not going to feel anything new, just lesser versions of what I've already felt ''
  • Im having a teabag not lose leaf chamomile avec cinnamon beause I am about to ducking loose it with someones admission process. Now wheres my gun?

ps don't forget if drinking green tea dont use boiling water add some cold 1st as boiling water makes it bitter. Some one in a tea shop told me the reason why but as it was science I forgot obv.
    Post edited by thathurt at 2013-06-28 07:23:04

• Le Palais Des Thes - Fleur de Geisha.  Love it.  It's pretty expensive too so I always get some on my birthday and at Christmas.

Anyone tried it?  'A Japanese green tea delicately flavoured with Cherry Blossom' yum!
  • thathurt said:

ps don't forget if drinking green tea dont use boiling water add some cold 1st as boiling water makes it bitter.

It's much easier to simply heat your water to the appropriate temperature.
    If I were dead, could I do this?
  • ...or let it cool down a bit in the kettle before the steep.
  • Only if u r stood near ya kettle n can switch it off in time. As a twat who has just burnt her toast whilst talking to some college monkey on the phone, I know its unlikely ill ever heat water to a correct temperature unless im at college.
    Post edited by thathurt at 2013-06-28 10:10:54

• As someone who thinks Yorkshire Tea Bags are exotic I may be out of my depth here.  Just to say that I recollect a doctor being asked on the BBC website what the optimum amount of time was for tea to be left to brew to get the most from it from a health aspect.  Whilst it was apparent that the doctor didn't take the query with 100% seriousness, he did come out with a figure of seven minutes.  Consequently I set a timer for seven minutes when I make a cup of tea.  Sad but true. ~O)

Post edited by softlad at 2013-06-28 10:21:35
  • Coffee is the best brand of tea I drink 
    "Read my posts and see why we`re not allowed nice things anymore"
    photo 5a6eb769-bc12-4596-bbe8-709fc2bb0d5e.jpg
    "Brought to you straight from the People`s Republic of There`s Something Wrong With You . The Hoi Polloi Capital of the World"
  • Wife drinks Twinings , I hate making tea but if I want to be allowed loose on the country to go to Manchester , its Tea o`clock every time she coughs and looks into her empty mug (true).

Am I a man or a mouse ? Squeak 
    Post edited by Sartori at 2013-06-28 10:27:39
    "Read my posts and see why we`re not allowed nice things anymore"
    photo 5a6eb769-bc12-4596-bbe8-709fc2bb0d5e.jpg
    "Brought to you straight from the People`s Republic of There`s Something Wrong With You . The Hoi Polloi Capital of the World"
  • That's about five minutes too long, softlad.
  • iuventus said:

That's about five minutes too long, softlad.

I suspect from a taste point of view you  may be right.  The seven minute thing is all to do with tannins an' t'ing.  :-/

• Tannins aren't where it's at. You need to coax out the catechins.
  • Yorkshire tea is lovely. Hang on, stranger hasnt been on this thread yet, let's go mad n enjoy ourselves ~O)
  • Cheers for starting this, HJ - I didn't before as the Tea Cup thread kinda stole my thunder. Admittedly, though, those cups of cookie_munster's in it are just aaaaamazing!

I'll stick a mention in for Heath & Heather's "Green Rooibos & Honey" from Holland & Barrett. Properly full of taste and very addictive.

Those Teapigs Peppermint are like drinking super-distilled Polo mints but in a good way. They're about 174% flavour! :D
    A million fires before your harvest comes. To burn out.
    Wear the mask of a heathen. For the moon's lonely eyes.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!