Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
Goldfrapp's 'Ooh La La' in New iPhone 5s ad
  • Surprised no one's mentioned this yet, but earlier this week, Apple released their first tv spot for the iPhone 5s and the music used is, yes, 'Ooh La La'.  I know that a Goldfrapp song being licensed for a commercial is nothing new, but this is pretty high profile.  While it's hard to imagine that many people -- even in the US -- who haven't heard 'Ooh La La' by now, I have to say it's a really perfect mix of image and sound -- Alison's sultry beckoning to dial up her number and how she wants to "touch you" are used very cleverly.  It's also a bit "punny" what with the new gold colored phone being showcased with music from, you know, Goldfrapp.  Putting aside that only a total douchebag walks around with a GOLD phone, this is still pretty cool for the band.  Because this was the first ad for the iPhone 5s (at least in N. America) it's garnering a heck of a lot of attention -- ridiculous -- but that's what it is to be Apple.  Anyway, I'm pleased that Alison and Will should be earning a nice hefty fee for this one.  I'm on a work trip and have had the tv on in the background while working from my hotel room.  Already seen the ad 4 times since yesterday.  Funnily enough, on the last commercial break I saw yesterday evening, the Ooh La La iPhone 5s spot was immediately followed by a spot for Belvedere Vodka, which used a sample of 'Train', which was then followed by a lead in to some local newscast (in the midwest right now) which used a sample of 'A&E'.  Triple header!

Anyway, maybe now A&W can afford to afford to bring strings on tour!  ;)

http://youtu.be/xYsSiaBZmRk
  • 19 Comments sorted by
    Post edited by LuDux at 2013-11-02 06:56:36
    I take the needle off the Technics and put it in my vein
  • Its already been mentioned.
    JAMIE CARRAGHER= LEGEND
  • Oh, snap!  I tried doing a search on this annoyingly set up board, but didn't find a thread.  Thought it was odd. 
  • Yeah, the "search" facility here is utter sh*te.

It was mentioned a few times in the "Goldfrapp in unexpected places" thread, but no reason it shouldn't have its own thread, if it's that high profile a deal. :-)
    Post edited by Halloween_Jack at 2013-10-24 14:38:29
  • great to hear it again on an ad, last time was it the vauxhall tv ad? know it was a car...
    Just Keep Things Simple.....
    Love Goldfrapp.....
  • according to billboard downloads of ooh lala have increased by 654% since this advert came out, and its back in the dance chart http://www.billboard.com/articles/columns/code/5778114/calvin-harris-alesso-debut-goldfrapp-returns-to-dance-charts?utm_source=twitter
  • Alison and Will could make a living off this one song lol.

• I love it. Everytime it comes on my youngest gets excited. Dads favourites on. She shouts.
    JAMIE CARRAGHER= LEGEND
  • ^ :)
    Just Keep Things Simple.....
    Love Goldfrapp.....
  • It was on tonight and my Mum went "Ah that sounds familiar". Another fan  :)>-
  • It was on when the Everton v Tottenham game was half-time.
    JAMIE CARRAGHER= LEGEND
  • ^
    Best part of the game really then?  
    :-))
  • Not 2 of our fave sides eh ?. Well actually i do not mind Everton. You might look down your nose at Spurs. You have always been better than them.
    JAMIE CARRAGHER= LEGEND
  • ^
    LOL. I only rip the shit out of Spurs as a fellow Frapper is a supporter. He wont see this as doesnt come on here anymore so Im safe 
    #:-S
  • i guess its pretty awesome for the band as it gives them a lot of recognition. as a fan of the band, i tended to loathe ooh la la, back in the day when it was used in adverts etc. But now i just think its a great song so why he hell not!? and as i mentioned, it gives the band recognition! :)

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!