Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
Tales Of Us Instrumentals
  • Hello!

Just curious about this, (I don't even think it exists yet), but if it did do you think we would get it? Also, how long after the previous 3 albums did they become "available?" I know Supernature took ages to leak, but the last two were out pretty quickly I think...
  • 23 Comments sorted by
  • I have no doubt that they're out there but I'm not holding my breath either.
    A million fires before your harvest comes. To burn out.
    Wear the mask of a heathen. For the moon's lonely eyes.
  • Wow, would be cool if they already existed properly. Didn't think it would be produced until later
  • Someone mentioned an instrumental of one of the tracks playing.... in the intro to a gig? Background to a radio interview? Can't remember but they are made available to the media for promotional purposes, and in the hope of licensing deals (can't wait for Drew being used in a Chanel advert) so they are out there.

• Yes , and she said she`d basically "do a Moby" (my words) licensing them this time around . 
    Post edited by Sartori at 2013-10-12 11:09:40
    "Read my posts and see why we`re not allowed nice things anymore"
    photo 5a6eb769-bc12-4596-bbe8-709fc2bb0d5e.jpg
    "Brought to you straight from the People`s Republic of There`s Something Wrong With You . The Hoi Polloi Capital of the World"
  • Just a waiting game then. Can't wait-think this album is perfect for it
  • Mercury Rev sold their Deserter's Songs (strange parallels to TOU) instrumentals cd exclusively at their gigs which was genius. Basically it's karaoke heaven for the shower. Nothing like destroying a thing of beauty with a face full of Sanex.

• Sparky said:

Someone mentioned an instrumental of one of the tracks playing.... in the intro to a gig?

I asked what song was used to introduce the Manchester gigs.  Halloween_Jack kindly pointed me in the right direction....

The first 1 minute and 38 seconds of:

Post edited by mode_devotion at 2013-10-12 19:57:53
    Though we may deserve it, it will be worth it.
  • i'd really like to listen Laurel and Simone instumentals, recently i've also discovered the "reversed" version of the TOU songs, it's quite fascinating and strange.
  • giulys said:

i'd really like to listen Laurel and Simone instumentals, recently i've also discovered the "reversed" version of the TOU songs, it's quite fascinating and strange.

Reversed? Like backwards? Where did you find them?

• I think someone does them on youtube.....
  • yeah on youtube! watch this, it's my favourite of the songs:

http://youtu.be/bZhNaxFcOVA

• http://youtu.be/mIa-O6cTMJk melancholy sky sounds pretty good too.
  • Anybody watching Countryfile (Cuntryfile!) will have just heard one.

Here was me reading this thread and realised what I was hearing too. Strange!
  • Ah, which one?!
  • Stranger - the latter end up to the acoustic note finish.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!