Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
  • 4373 Comments sorted by
  • Low said:

Perhaps the song with the most relevant chorus to me right now:

I have seen enough, but I just can't look away

Always love Metronomy. 

Maybe you'll get to see them at Glastonbury
  • Finally found this album from so long ago.  Thanks, UT, for helping me find the image long, long ago.  I can't say I recommend this album.  It might very well have been due to one interesting night.  Astral projection and all that.

In case you don't wish to hear the whole album

Probably my favorite:

I really like the way the image has been tweaked on this song list

Okay, one more...

What can I say.  I like the album.  Still.
    Post edited by Whickwithy at 2022-03-09 09:06:54
  • In case you haven't heard it yet, though it's been kinda all over...

So far, i've liked what's been released. The visuals are definitely very strong for this album, the music, video's and the art work for each release.

• That is the link I provided: 

Am I missing something?  Does the link not show on "King"?  It's a great song.
  • I take the needle off the Technics and put it in my vein
  • Wow!  I wasn't sure whether to put this under this thread or Sexy Women.  This first song, though, is just so good, it made the decision for me.

I've been listening to everything I can find on Cannons and it is blowing me away.  What I always love about Goldfrapp is they have a very, very unique sound.  Cannons?  OMIGOD!

I guess I just like Chill with a subtle punch.  You have to be looking for it or you miss it.

Post edited by Whickwithy at 2022-03-19 10:58:58

• That is the link I provided: 

Am I missing something?  Does the link not show on "King"?  It's a great song.

It doesn't seem to be in the King song/video. It's only a 13-second clip. I've gone back and listened to King and can't hear it played in there, so must be for another song on the album. The other songs they've released since don't seem to include it either.
  • Weird.  It always goes to the right link for me.  Let's try this.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=L62LtChAwww

It doesn't show up for me at all if I leave the https:// at the beginning.

The title on youtube is "Florence + The Machine - King", in case that helps.  Interesting video.  She snaps a man's neck and, then, devours him.
    Post edited by Whickwithy at 2022-03-22 22:09:41
  • Weird.  It always goes to the right link for me.  Let's try this.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=L62LtChAwww

It doesn't show up for me at all if I leave the https:// at the beginning.

The title on youtube is "Florence + The Machine - King", in case that helps.  Interesting video.  She snaps a man's neck and, then, devours him.

Lol, i'm confused now. I'm not sure whether you think i've not heard the full 5+ min King song or whether you haven't seen the short 13 sec preview clip of something not featured in the King song/video.

I know the 13 second clip is pretty much an ad for the King video. But the tiny bit of music featured in it isn't actually in the King song/video at all. So i'm thinking it must be for another song that they used because it goes pretty well with the video of the dancers climbing up the stairs like that :)

Post edited by cookiee_munster at 2022-03-24 08:45:33
  • Well, let's just call me baffled.
  • To summarize, no I have not seen a 13-second video of King that has nothing to do with the song.  No longer baffled.
  • Wow!  

With Bill Nighy.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!