Love Goldfrapp.....
  • Just Keep Things Simple.....
    Love Goldfrapp.....
  • iamamiwhoami - Drops
  • Anna Calvi.One Breath. A few times now. 10/10
    JAMIE CARRAGHER= LEGEND
  • "Read my posts and see why we`re not allowed nice things anymore"
    photo 5a6eb769-bc12-4596-bbe8-709fc2bb0d5e.jpg
    "Brought to you straight from the People`s Republic of There`s Something Wrong With You . The Hoi Polloi Capital of the World"
  • Professional Suicide - Ladyhawke
  • Blue Eyes - Ladyhawke
  • International Dateline - Ladytron
  • David Essex - Silver Dream Machine ........don`t ask
    "Read my posts and see why we`re not allowed nice things anymore"
    photo 5a6eb769-bc12-4596-bbe8-709fc2bb0d5e.jpg
    "Brought to you straight from the People`s Republic of There`s Something Wrong With You . The Hoi Polloi Capital of the World"
  • It's OK. I partake of a cheesy Essex tune or two now and then. It's good for the digestion. Besides, he was super on War of the Worlds.
    Post edited by iuventus at 2013-10-06 13:58:35
    If I were dead, could I do this?
  • I am Dust - Gary Numan. HIs best song in years.

:-) Who needs the new NIN when you have the original*

* obvious, light hearted antagonistic comment btw before i upset NIN fans!

Had the album on today while out walking. His best release since being in his "noisy" phase ie since around Exile in '94.

I've enjoyed his recent stuff and the last couple of live shows have been outstanding but it felt on record like he was (if this makes any sense) afraid to be in the spotlight on his own records. He'd stay back low in the mix, whispering.

The first main thought I had part way through splinter was that he hadn't been afraid to get his vocal back front & centre again, allow a little space AND some obvious synth lines. Feels like he's comfortable with the music he did and is doing. Some cracking stuff on there and even the more NIN-like tracks have been opened up a bit.

Also, thankfully, there's some variety too. The last few albums have been very much one-note in terms of style. The first track set the scene for prenty much all the other tracks. This time, to its benefit, not so much.

You should try this 6 Music session version of "Everything Comes Down To This", @tattmaylor - it's a belter.

Post edited by The_Carpathian at 2013-10-06 17:12:47
    A million fires before your harvest comes. To burn out.
    Wear the mask of a heathen. For the moon's lonely eyes.
  • Had the urge to dig out too ooooooold epic electronic/whatever tunes from the 90's. One held up really badly and sounds sadly dated and the other is even better than I remembered. Right there is a perfect lesson on going back to that box of old cds in the cupboard on the left. Brace yourself and don't do it if you have precious expectations.

The one that failed the test? The Grid's "Floatation". The rhythm, the plodding pace.....no, best put that back in the box.

The one that really shone, however, was Apollo 440's "Liquid Cool". Shimmering, effortless and somehow surviving 20+ years very well to my ears. All 9 mixes on the two cd singles were excellent. Very glad to have grabbed them out.

This was the single version:-

A million fires before your harvest comes. To burn out.
    Wear the mask of a heathen. For the moon's lonely eyes.
  • Ive never been a Numan fan but I did like something new I heard from him on radio6 yesterday.

Listening to CSS Planta. Not as good as when they had their main song writer in the band but I never do handle change well. Extra point for having a song called Frankie goes to north Hollywood.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!