Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
  • 3229 Comments sorted by
  • hello all,

i'm here again - almost - finally escaping from hospital last night after nearly three weeks inside.

This following a small incident with my bike.

(sample comment from onlookers - "Oh my god! Look at his leg!!" and "Dont worry mate, you'll be fine. I might be sick though" and "Dumdedumdedum" [that one from the greenfly that crept across the my rather restricted field of vision as i waited for the ambulance]

Aaaannnyways - wtf has been happening since I've been gone!?? It's gone all crazy here. Where's my friend kaymoe? Whats with all these weird new avatars? And who the hell is Annabel?  

Post edited by whisperit at 2013-06-20 06:48:15
  • whisperit said:

Where's my friend kaymoe? And who the hell is Annabel?  

Kaymoe & Annabel, sitting in a tree...........
    V-E-R-Y-UN-LIKE-LY!

{yes, I'm having that sort of day}  X_X
    A million fires before your harvest comes. To burn out.
    Wear the mask of a heathen. For the moon's lonely eyes.
  •  Anxious for my Mrs , who is currently at a job interview ....while I stay at home , hard at work playing Battlefield 3 and posting here .
    "Read my posts and see why we`re not allowed nice things anymore"
    photo 5a6eb769-bc12-4596-bbe8-709fc2bb0d5e.jpg
    "Brought to you straight from the People`s Republic of There`s Something Wrong With You . The Hoi Polloi Capital of the World"
  • Just waking up. So not sure yet.
    Creator of Goldfrapp Jukebox, the most complete Goldfrapp music library on the Internet
  • Not trying to bring a massive downer on the board.. but I'm a bit stunned, as I went around to my elderly neighbours house... as requested by an ambulance crew - because the chap had collapsed. Paramedics arrived shorty after I did, but they couldn't revive him, and sadly he died.

Ken was 85 and had lived a full life. Until recently, he used to ride his bike every day... but he contracted leukaemia earlier this year, and that was never gonna be easy to battle, at that age. Such a nice bloke.. he used to chat to me about astronomy. I just wish I'd popped over to see him more often in his last few months...

• My sincere condolenes HJ.
    “Beware of artists. They mix with all classes of society and are therefore most dangerous." — Queen Victoria
  • He lived a fairly long life and was fortunate to have you as a neighbor. He'd probably not be dissatisfied with his lot--well, unless he were like my disgruntled grandmother.
    If I were dead, could I do this?
  • Thanks guys. According to his wife, he was "ready to go".
  • Feeling hungry.
    Creator of Goldfrapp Jukebox, the most complete Goldfrapp music library on the Internet
  • Not trying to bring a massive downer on the board.. but I'm a bit stunned, as I went around to my elderly neighbours house... as requested by an ambulance crew - because the chap had collapsed. Paramedics arrived shorty after I did, but they couldn't revive him, and sadly he died.

Ken was 85 and had lived a full life. Until recently, he used to ride his bike every day... but he contracted leukaemia earlier this year, and that was never gonna be easy to battle, at that age. Such a nice bloke.. he used to chat to me about astronomy. I just wish I'd popped over to see him more often in his last few months...

what a shock for you. poor Ken. 
  • imageFeeling a little hoarse
    Post edited by Sartori at 2013-06-21 16:52:11
    "Read my posts and see why we`re not allowed nice things anymore"
    photo 5a6eb769-bc12-4596-bbe8-709fc2bb0d5e.jpg
    "Brought to you straight from the People`s Republic of There`s Something Wrong With You . The Hoi Polloi Capital of the World"
  • Great.

Haven't been swimming for two whole weeks but got in the pool tonight and blasted out a 43min breaststroke mile with no pauses or rests. That's 66 lengths in old money. Felt fine at the end of it too.

I was getting a bit bored as I've been going regularly since the new centre opened in late 2010 but nights like tonight really give me the buzz back again.
    A million fires before your harvest comes. To burn out.
    Wear the mask of a heathen. For the moon's lonely eyes.
  • Shit (although I don't wish to put a downer in Carpy's 'great' btw.)

The irony that on paper you can have so much more thean 80% of the worlds population and still feel exhausted by life. Ain't the human condition great, eh!

So sorry to hear this.....it sounds like you were a good mate to him though with your chats and stuff.... :) 
    '' Sometimes I think I've felt everything I'm ever going to feel and from here on out I'm not going to feel anything new, just lesser versions of what I've already felt ''
  • Tired/bewildered/apathetic but have to get ready for work....could do without working this weekend....hey ho.....
    '' Sometimes I think I've felt everything I'm ever going to feel and from here on out I'm not going to feel anything new, just lesser versions of what I've already felt ''

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!