Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
Tales of Us Press Release
  • I found this press release online. Did a search on the forum and didn't find it. If I've missed it for some reason, I can delete the thread. (I'll update the Press on Tales of Us thread with the link...) I found it most interesting!

Link to press release

"Seventh Tree’s opening song ‘Clown’s is a useful foreshadowing touchstone for what happened musically with Tales of Us. It is suffused with winding melodies that veer toward the black keys of the keyboard, reflecting the narrative drive, hearts that have lived, loved and stung. Sometimes voice and music is indistinguishable. For ‘Laurel’ she found herself in an usually low register. On ‘Jo’, she went high. Always, she was faithfully following the rhythm and texture of the story. “I don’t want to sound too dramatic or ridiculous about this but it really is like you’ve been possessed.”

• 21 Comments sorted by
  • (removed)
    Post edited by Stranger at 2013-06-28 04:08:13
    “Beware of artists. They mix with all classes of society and are therefore most dangerous." — Queen Victoria
  • This is from a french website. I haven't found anything else....
  • (removed)
    Post edited by Stranger at 2013-06-28 04:08:23
    “Beware of artists. They mix with all classes of society and are therefore most dangerous." — Queen Victoria
  • kaleb20 said:

This is from a french website. I haven't found anything else....

I was on there about an hour ago! I always like the craft of a good press release.

You can tell how much of a hand the artist(s) had usually too.
    A million fires before your harvest comes. To burn out.
    Wear the mask of a heathen. For the moon's lonely eyes.
  • kaleb20 said:

I was on there about an hour ago! I always like the craft of a good press release.

You can tell how much of a hand the artist(s) had usually too.

I'm getting more excited by the hour to listen to the full album... 
  • Yeah, that blurb offers a cracking insight/intro to the album. Can't wait to hear it! :)
  • (removed)
    Post edited by Stranger at 2013-06-28 04:08:49
  • good find kaleb, wonderfully evocative....
    "its MY favourite song"
  • That was a nice read, thank you :)

Even more drawn to hearing Clay now I know more of the background....
  • Glad you enjoyed it :)
  • kaleb20 said:

kaleb20 said:

I'm getting more excited by the hour to listen to the full album... 

As am I. Then you realise that it's still only June...

• Low said:

ahh , but its almost quarter to July
    Post edited by Sartori at 2013-06-20 10:04:59
    "Read my posts and see why we`re not allowed nice things anymore"
    photo 5a6eb769-bc12-4596-bbe8-709fc2bb0d5e.jpg
    "Brought to you straight from the People`s Republic of There`s Something Wrong With You . The Hoi Polloi Capital of the World"
  • Yes... Lets hope for a single release soon =)
  • Sartori said:

Low said:

ahh , but its almost quarter to July

kaleb20 said:

Yes... Lets hope for a single release soon =)

Then let's hope that July has more in store for us. Because looping the 52 second trailer constantly in my head can only last so long.

• I don't want to hear a single, the trailer, or any other sort of tease. I'm waiting patiently for the whole crop.
    If I were dead, could I do this?

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!