Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
Alison on 'Radcliffe and Maconie' radio show 11/06/13
  • 40 Comments sorted by
  • Okay, now here we goooo...
    It's what watching first moon landing on telly together with good friends must have been like. :D 
    Be patient.
  • We love a bit o' string action!
  • Good afternoon! I'm BACK!!!

It wouldn't let me use my old 2005 username so I've created an All New ID
  • Helloooo again (new)PMP! You nipped on quick... must be quicker on your... fingers than I thought. :)
  • God I love her! Choosing "I Want More" by Can :D triple YAY
  • ...nothing to hear (music wise), move away!

Nice chat but no new music just played CAN - I Want More (Ali's favourite of the moment) and Clowns.
  • I can't believe the album preview gig is in Manchester - it seems immediately after I left the city all of my favourite bands decide to turn up and do exclusive stuff there.

*grumps about*
  • Has anyone been able to record it? :)
    Creator of Goldfrapp Jukebox, the most complete Goldfrapp music library on the Internet
  • Alan said:

Has anyone been able to record it? :)

If they haven't I'll grab it from the iPlayer version a bit later.

One way or the other we'll make sure we have it stored away!
    A million fires before your harvest comes. To burn out.
    Wear the mask of a heathen. For the moon's lonely eyes.
  • Good afternoon! I'm BACK!!!

It wouldn't let me use my old 2005 username so I've created an All New ID

AllNew? Extra minty for that ring of confidence?

:D
  • First post on the new website! Woop woop! So thrilled. Decided to shorten my old name from "Slippage92" to "Slippage", in case anyone's curious, so it's still me, the fan far away in the land of beavers and maple leafs and Tim Hortons, still desperate for Goldfrapp to visit Ottawa as always... The snippets of "Tales Of Us" sound ethereal and heavenly, I'm so happy they're putting such emphasis on Alison's vocals, bringing her to the forefront. 

Looking forward to hearing the interview when someone is able to post it on here. Hoping a new single will arrive shortly, if there's a time to build hype it's now.
    Post edited by Slippage at 2013-06-11 14:07:08
  • @The_Carpathian cheers, Andrew. :)
    Creator of Goldfrapp Jukebox, the most complete Goldfrapp music library on the Internet
  • I have it on my PC but need to crop/convert it. Can't do til tomorrow aft. There was someone else upthread that said they would def do it today, though?

• Recorded, cropped, tagged and uploaded. I like to keep the skills honed ;)

It's about 20min including the two music choices and the little ramble afterwards inc a final little goodie about one of the videos.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/71438256/Alison%20on%20%27Radcliffe%20and%20Maconie%27%20BBC%206Music%2011-06-13.mp3

Download and share, just in case I ever have to pull it from my space.
  • Actually, it's got plenty of good info in it. How many films, what at least two of those are for, the style each live show will be and even a mention towards the book in the deluxe set.

Well worth a listen and a boogie to Alison's choice of CAN track - it's a belter!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!