Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
Black Cherry - Your Alternate Tracklists
  • Even though this is my favourite Frapp album (and I lived with this as a CD for for years pre mp3 players) I was never happy with the track order. Although Crystalline Green is a brilliant opener - their best! Plus there was that glut of great b-sides. I have dropped Slippage (even though it is great) as it didn't fit after I put the b-sides in.

This is a great thing to do several years down the line when you have stopped listening to an album as much as did when it first came out. Changing the order may offend purists but it sometimes offers you a fresh take on the track. Well I think so. :-) it did for me with BC and Felt Mountain.

1 > Crystalline Green
    2 > Strict Machine (single mix)
    3 > Twist
    4 > Hairy Trees
    5 > Deep Honey
    6 > Tiptoe
    7 > Train
    8 > White Soft Rope
    9 > Yes Sir (extended)
    10 > Big Black Cloud, Little White Lie
    11 > Forever (Mountaineers Remix)
    12 > Black Cherry
    13 > Gone To Earth

EDIT: track list to include TWIST. Typed it in wrong, although I did drop Train for a while.
    Post edited by tattmaylor at 2013-09-05 08:26:17
  • 4 Comments sorted by
  • I think the problem I've had with Black Cherry, is that it's two very different moods mixed into one. It feels like half the songs belong to 2 different albums. I mean I love it, but sometimes the sudden change in mood in the songs feels a bit... unfulfilling. 
    That said I could never make an attempt to tamper with it. :P

• Low said:

I think the problem I've had with Black Cherry, is that it's two very different moods mixed into one. It feels like half the songs belong to 2 different albums. I mean I love it, but sometimes the sudden change in mood in the songs feels a bit... unfulfilling. 

That said I could never make an attempt to tamper with it. :P

I feel completely the same. Except of Tiptoe there are no transition songs that connect the two parts of the album. On all the other albums they had a much better flow within the album. On BC the dance songs have a quite harsh electronic feeling to them while the slower songs are pretty mellow. I guess it will always be my least favourite album of theirs although it has some killer songs on it.
  • Eeeeep where is Twist....?
    '' Sometimes I think I've felt everything I'm ever going to feel and from here on out I'm not going to feel anything new, just lesser versions of what I've already felt ''

• Cervus said:

Eeeeep where is Twist....?

:-) balls. Typo. mmmmmmm... Will change.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!