Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
Who should remix the first single 'Drew'?
  • Assuming 'Drew' is the first single being the opening track in the trailer, who do you think should remix it?

My wish list:

Tune In Crew
    Fernando Garibay
    Rex The Dog
    The Golden Filter
    Davide Rossi
    M83

Post edited by Alan at 2013-07-24 09:34:14
    Creator of Goldfrapp Jukebox, the most complete Goldfrapp music library on the Internet
  • 96 Comments sorted by
  • @ Alan
    Perhaps but I'd rather have alternate renditions..... Live recordings, stripped back takes, acoustic etc.... Dance remixes can be unnecessary.
    Post edited by chokka at 2013-06-15 17:27:27
  • Does Annabel need remixing? I would prefer live renditions and reworkings rather than a,slew of mixes.

• Assume - to make an ass out of u and me.  

Waddayawanadodatfer!  Annabel ish lovely as she ish - leave'eralone punk! *hic*  b-(
  • i don't want remixes. tales of us doesnt really seem all that remixey.

i want B-sides! :D
  • Also Emika.

I love it when I see somebody mention her anywhere. Good taste in full effect!
    A million fires before your harvest comes. To burn out.
    Wear the mask of a heathen. For the moon's lonely eyes.
  • Isn't a rework technically a remix?

And how many live renditions can you have, really?

Annabel (just like any other single) needs remixing in order to drive sales and attract more potential fans.
    Creator of Goldfrapp Jukebox, the most complete Goldfrapp music library on the Internet
  • chokka said:

Does Annabel need remixing? I would prefer live renditions and reworkings rather than a,slew of mixes.

Seconded. No remixes this time round, please. Keep it all stylish & in character.

I love a good remix but not on this.
  • Alan said:

Annabel (just like any other single) needs remixing in order to drive sales and attract more potential fans.

No track 'needs' remixing otherwise it's either a bad track or a good track that was the wrong choice for a single. The most they should 'need' is an edit if a specific version has to be done.

Besides, the era of singles being important is diminishing fast. Stations like 6 Music happily play full length album tracks and Radio 1 will be too busy playing whatever crap rapper is enjoying 42seconds of fame.
  • softlad said:

Waddayawanadodatfer!  Annabel ish lovely as she ish - leave'eralone punk! *hic*  b-(

Many a true word spoken in jest........or drunken haze.
  • Time will tell.

Similarly, back on GMB, you guys had unanimously criticized my "crazy" idea of Alison needing to start tweeting. How times have changed.
  • We didn't criticise your idea - just thought it highly unlikely she ever would. She did indeed prove us wrong on that one.

In the same way, there may indeed be mixes this era but I'm really hoping there aren't.

• Alan said:

....Similarly, back on GMB, you guys had unanimously criticized my "crazy" idea...

Photo or it didn't happen. And Ms Goldfrapp had the idea, you merely had a notion. 
  • If we really have to have remixes...

The Golden Filter. Hands down.

• I am and always will be an advocate of remixes, they're not as such for the fans, they are for fans of the remix artist or their genre in an effort to make them listen/like the original and get radio play / exposure . This exposure has been seen as Pete Tong has faithfully played Goldfrapp tracks every album. We seem to have this discussion every album , but the reasons stay the same. It's not a question as to whether the song requires it or it not being good enough, it's a promotional tool.
    Having said that, the current dance music by numbers template would probably (I hope) be avoided by an astute management promotional team, I would suspect they'll use one middle tier name remixer , that uses subtlety in place of unsubtle beats. That will be hard to accomplish, I'd love them to use Joris Voorn again as... um.... Allison's voice just doesn't work that well set to a dance beat generally.
    "Read my posts and see why we`re not allowed nice things anymore"
    photo 5a6eb769-bc12-4596-bbe8-709fc2bb0d5e.jpg
    "Brought to you straight from the People`s Republic of There`s Something Wrong With You . The Hoi Polloi Capital of the World"
  • Forgot to add Marilyn Manson to my wish list:

Marilyn Manson

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!