Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
Whats your favourite day of the week ?.
  • I love Sundays. I just have nothing to do ever. Can come and go as i please. Be with the kids if i choose or they go to either side of our families. Some Sundays Liverpool play. My best days are sat and Sun. Most peoples are i bet. I seem to like Mondays for some reason. Probably because i am so happy from the weekend i feel ready for a new week.
    JAMIE CARRAGHER= LEGEND
  • 7 Comments sorted by
  • Thursday. Because Thursday is donderdag in Dutch and donder means thunder. When I was 5, Thursday would mean we got to see a picture of thunder and lightning at school.
  • Anoukvdm said:

Thursday. Because Thursday is donderdag in Dutch and donder means thunder. When I was 5, Thursday would mean we got to see a picture of thunder and lightning at school.

Thursday in English is from the same root: named after Thor (Thor's Day) god of thunder.
  • Any really, never really thinked about it.... :D
    Just Keep Things Simple.....
    Love Goldfrapp.....
  • Pet said:

Anoukvdm said:

Thursday. Because Thursday is donderdag in Dutch and donder means thunder. When I was 5, Thursday would mean we got to see a picture of thunder and lightning at school.

Thursday in English is from the same root: named after Thor (Thor's Day) god of thunder.

Oh, I'd never have guessed that! 
  • NIGHT = (1.) No people about to bug me, (2.) The peace & quite..... :)
    Just Keep Things Simple.....
    Love Goldfrapp.....
  • I know this might sound odd, but my favourite day of the week depends on where I find myself i.e. city/region/country.

So while I don't like Sundays per se, I absolutely love Sundays in Paris. If I'm in Paris for a month or so, I always appreciate Sundays the most.

Earlier this year I was based in Nervi (Italy) for three months, and the best day was Fridays.

I guess like many people, I don't look forward to Mondays. I can't think of anywhere I have been based and thought Mondays were great, not even any of my favourite cities.
    I hope that you die in a decent pair of shoes
    You got a lot more walking to do where you're going to.
  • I've been surfing through the older posts looking for interesting ones.  So, expect a few bumps.  I might even rank a "bingo bango" before it's over, though I am so glad that is gone, as well as the display of the highest ranking posters.  I thought this one was interesting though, for me, right now, they all are about the same.  I can't even pick a favourite season any more, though I used to always say fall, especially the grey days just before winter (i.e. snow).
    Lovely2CU

#Spinalfire

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!