Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
Whats your favourite day of the week ?.
  • I love Sundays. I just have nothing to do ever. Can come and go as i please. Be with the kids if i choose or they go to either side of our families. Some Sundays Liverpool play. My best days are sat and Sun. Most peoples are i bet. I seem to like Mondays for some reason. Probably because i am so happy from the weekend i feel ready for a new week.
    JAMIE CARRAGHER= LEGEND
  • 7 Comments sorted by
  • Thursday. Because Thursday is donderdag in Dutch and donder means thunder. When I was 5, Thursday would mean we got to see a picture of thunder and lightning at school.
  • Anoukvdm said:

Thursday. Because Thursday is donderdag in Dutch and donder means thunder. When I was 5, Thursday would mean we got to see a picture of thunder and lightning at school.

Thursday in English is from the same root: named after Thor (Thor's Day) god of thunder.
  • Any really, never really thinked about it.... :D
    Just Keep Things Simple.....
    Love Goldfrapp.....
  • Pet said:

Anoukvdm said:

Thursday. Because Thursday is donderdag in Dutch and donder means thunder. When I was 5, Thursday would mean we got to see a picture of thunder and lightning at school.

Thursday in English is from the same root: named after Thor (Thor's Day) god of thunder.

Oh, I'd never have guessed that! 
  • NIGHT = (1.) No people about to bug me, (2.) The peace & quite..... :)
    Just Keep Things Simple.....
    Love Goldfrapp.....
  • I know this might sound odd, but my favourite day of the week depends on where I find myself i.e. city/region/country.

So while I don't like Sundays per se, I absolutely love Sundays in Paris. If I'm in Paris for a month or so, I always appreciate Sundays the most.

Earlier this year I was based in Nervi (Italy) for three months, and the best day was Fridays.

I guess like many people, I don't look forward to Mondays. I can't think of anywhere I have been based and thought Mondays were great, not even any of my favourite cities.
    I hope that you die in a decent pair of shoes
    You got a lot more walking to do where you're going to.
  • I've been surfing through the older posts looking for interesting ones.  So, expect a few bumps.  I might even rank a "bingo bango" before it's over, though I am so glad that is gone, as well as the display of the highest ranking posters.  I thought this one was interesting though, for me, right now, they all are about the same.  I can't even pick a favourite season any more, though I used to always say fall, especially the grey days just before winter (i.e. snow).

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!