Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
  • nail varnish

While I was out in Ciren town browsing shops I came across an uber expensive store which had sale on, I was intrigued. On sale were nail varnishes, the brand of which is called StrangeBeautiful and individual bottles were reduced from £20! to a fiver, so yeah I bought one.
    THIS is what I come across after googling strangebeautiful nail varnish. This fucking description of their colours -

For her Volume V Library of Color, STRANGEBEAUTIFUL creator Jane Schub
    drew inspiration from the spectral banks of the Hudson River estuary
    upon which her 19th century brick factory looms like a prescient
    structure in a foreboding Bosch painting.

Moody, erotic, irreverent and tender, the STRANGEBEAUTIFUL Volume V
    edition features 8 diaphanous veils of wildly haunting colors, each
    shade slightly disturbing and yet effortless to wear.

Inspirations and references range from the vampiric gradations of a
    healing bruise; the moody rusts of menstrual blood; sooty, phantasmal
    India ink; the profile of a gray blue Heron scooping fish against a
    background of gooey river runoff and the apocalyptic color palette of
    Medieval Flemish paintings. Visceral and private, each shade cloaks the
    finger in an aqueous film of color for an effect that is strange,
    beautiful, and impossible to forget.

http://www.beautylish.com/p/strangebeautiful-color-volume-5-nail-polish

I'm still buying it.
  • 18 Comments sorted by
  • A big shout out to the Gloucestershire massive.  ;)
    Though we may deserve it, it will be worth it.
  • Will we get photos once the nail varnish has been applied?
  • lmao! I'm too young to be stuck here with menstrual blood nail varnish, someone get me out!! It's all gone League of Gentlemen!
  • All i know about nail-varnish Is it smells like pear-drops..... lol thanks to my sis...
    Just Keep Things Simple.....
    Love Goldfrapp.....
  • I'm really going to have to buy this and report back if the colours are true to what they say are.
  • @folklore - how old do you have to be if you are going to get stuck in a world of menstrual blood nail varnish?  :D
  • I just don't know. All I know is they must take my money :(
  • hahaha.  Awwwww
  • folklore said:

I'm really going to have to buy this and report back if the colours are true to what they say are.

Any feedback?
  • Hang about ww, they're expensive on my tight budget! On Friday I'll go back in the store and see if they're still on sale!
  • Oh Gloucestershire how I miss thee..... :-{
  • folklore said:

Hang about ww, they're expensive on my tight budget! On Friday I'll go back in the store and see if they're still on sale!

Ooops!  Sorry.  The thread was buried so far back, I thought it was like really a long time ago.  Don't buy it on my account!  Though I would let you use my account to buy it.
  • aw ww don't be silly, I wouldn't allow it! :)

anyway volume no5 I can't find anywhere.
  • Hahaha!  Bulk rate, aye?  "Red Door" is the ticket, by the way.  Most dreamy fragrance I've ever encountered.

Sheesh!  Forget bingo.  I'm think I'm close to a friggin' trifecta today!  *rolls eyes*  Hmmmm, caffeinated coffee >> lots of posts.  I think I'm uncovering a trend here.

Hmmm, another one of those interesting little incidents.  I went back to the "All discussions" page and was skimming and saw, out of the corner of my eye, "The strange world of...whickwithy".  How very appropriate!
    Post edited by Whickwithy at 2013-07-30 14:42:27
  • volume no 5 is the nail polish collection, however talking about fragrances if you're up for unusual, these are brilliant perfumes https://www.lush.co.uk/gorilla-perfume-home

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!